• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Okay, I am diving in!
View attachment 2096323
Walter Carlos • Switched-On Bach

About 3 minutes in and i am feeling that every prog artist blatantly ripped off classical music!! I am not going to point fingers at anyone in particular... Lol
Awesome so far!!
Not "ripped off" per se, rather they were inspired by classical artists.
Emerson, Lake & Palmer as an example set out to do something with rock music that was specifically European in design rather than the U.S. based Blues inspiration that they felt had already been thoroughly explored by the British Invasion bands. They saw the direction that The Beatles had gone with songs like A Day In A Life, She's Leaving Home and Eleanor Rigby and thought that they could expand on those classically inspired songs in an even longer song structure with side filling pieces like Tarkus, Pictures At An Exhibition and Karn Evil 9.
 
Last edited:
8D16D27C-2BA4-4BEB-A446-1999ACF00B2F.jpeg C558CD2D-B071-4E45-AF62-CD58BBB8FC0C.jpeg 6D23AEF1-C4EC-49A9-B014-CC2AD5084916.jpeg B00DA485-8982-458D-9A90-68D9AD45E734.jpeg

On the floor relaxing, have some Beatles going, have had this Love CD for a while, have never played it. Not bad, seems like they are all slowed down and remixed tracks. Need to look this one up. SQ is great.

I love this Optonica SM-4305 and Yamaha M4 combo. This Sony is a lot of fun too, such a great combo!
 
Okay, I am diving in!
View attachment 2096323
Walter Carlos • Switched-On Bach

About 3 minutes in and i am feeling that every prog artist blatantly ripped off classical music!! I am not going to point fingers at anyone in particular... Lol
Awesome so far!!

I’ve never listened to that but I’ve seen it posted a few times now, is it just classical?
 
Hey guys, Glad to be back. My brothers wife passed on at 1:21 pm yesterday after a brutal last two weeks, and a two year fight with pancreatic cancer.. It was all hands on deck for the family the last month and almost no normal day to day concerning anything since Thanksgiving. I snuck in a round of golf when I could and thankfully had this thread and you guys to bounce off and pass alot of time.
She was just 60 years old and very loved by Kelly, so Kelly was hit especially hard on top of her losing her mother just this past April.
I'm very glad to be home and hoping for peace and tranquility for all involved. My brothers doing very well, but has been on a constant vigil for two years, and frankly he seems relieved by her not suffering anymore. He hadn't slept in 3 days going into yesterday so I made him come back with me to the Fenwick Island place last night and have a good quality dinner and try to get rested until he got up this morning. He did both.
His boys are there now so it was my cue to go home.


Sorry to hear that it ended this way, Jason. My sympathy to you and your family.
 
Hey guys, Glad to be back. My brothers wife passed on at 1:21 pm yesterday after a brutal last two weeks, and a two year fight with pancreatic cancer.. It was all hands on deck for the family the last month and almost no normal day to day concerning anything since Thanksgiving. I snuck in a round of golf when I could and thankfully had this thread and you guys to bounce off and pass alot of time.
She was just 60 years old and very loved by Kelly, so Kelly was hit especially hard on top of her losing her mother just this past April.
I'm very glad to be home and hoping for peace and tranquility for all involved. My brothers doing very well, but has been on a constant vigil for two years, and frankly he seems relieved by her not suffering anymore. He hadn't slept in 3 days going into yesterday so I made him come back with me to the Fenwick Island place last night and have a good quality dinner and try to get rested until he got up this morning. He did both.
His boys are there now so it was my cue to go home.

New guy here also,
Sorry for the loss in your family.
My condolences to you and your family.
 
Back
Top Bottom