• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

And when you hear this in a 5.1 mix it's a mind blower. One of my fave 5.1 mixes in my collection.

I’m seriously kicking myself for not listening to this sooner, they did an effing fantastic job on this album. I’m seriously sitting on the edge of my sofa, I feel like I’m re-discovering the Beatles. They stick to the original sounds but add in orchestra and random little touches of different instruments that just complements it greatly. This whole time I thought it was a greatest hits album, far from it. Really well done mix, and fantastic SQ the vocals seem to just jump out at you.

I’m not a fan of 5.1, subs give me bad headaches, I do believe you tho, the SQ is really nice, the mastering of this mix is superb.

The orchestra in While My Guitar Gently Weeps is something magical. I wish I still smoked weed, I’d totally be burning a fat one with this. F this is mind blowing good!
 
George Martin took the original master tapes and remixed, adding unused takes in some spots, and created the Love album. Just goes to prove the genius that was Martin. Outstanding, though it took me a couple listens to get by the differences.

I’m picking up all sorts of new stuff that’s been added like the bongo drums at the start of heat comes the sun, and the crazy twisted orchestra in A day in the life. Blown away!
 
There were and probably still are many classical music lovers who would say Switched-On Bach is not classical music at all due to the instrumentation and arrangements.
Baroque, really. I like to think that it’s exactly what the composer would have wanted to hear, had he lived long enough to see the electronic revolution.
There’s a long tradition of transcriptions. A good example is one of your favourites, Pictures At An Exhibition, orchestrated by Ravel, as well as any number of pieces (well, around 400 actually) transcribed by Liszt.


The trouble with labels is that they define music too broadly, noting only the time in which the composer worked. That said, we need SOMETHING to split up the catalogue and time works as well as anything else when you are trying to make sense of the output of 500 years or so.
 
Baroque, really. I like to think that it’s exactly what the composer would have wanted to hear, had he lived long enough to see the electronic revolution.
There’s a long tradition of transcriptions. A good example is one of your favourites, Pictures At An Exhibition, orchestrated by Ravel, as well as any number of pieces (well, around 400 actually) transcribed by Liszt.


The trouble with labels is that they define music too broadly, noting only the time in which the composer worked. That said, we need SOMETHING to split up the catalogue and time works as well as anything else when you are trying to make sense of the output of 500 years or so.
"“I can see a lone artist with a lot of tapes and electrical … like an extension of the Moog synthesizer — a keyboard with the complexity and richness of a whole orchestra, y’know? There’s somebody out there, working in a basement, just inventing a whole new musical form. We’ll hear about it in a couple years. Whoever it is, though, I’d like him to be really popular, to play at large concerts, not just be on records — at Carnegie Hall, to play at dances …”
- Jim Morrison, 1968
Musician and composer Walter Carlos had an entire synthesizer inspired album called, “Switched on Bach,” released in 1968. He managed the “A Clockwork Orange” movie soundtrack which included Beethoven’s greatest works in dazzling synthesizer versions.

Did Morrison predict electronic music on the horizon?
 
You can do all sorts of great stuff with Bach. His music is timeless.


Doesn’t matter how you label it. It’s just music that happens to have stayed popular for 300 years or so.

That’s how you know it’s “Good”, it’s timeless.

I’m on cloud 9 with this Love album, not to be mistaken with Harrison’s cloud 9 album haha one that I know well. I went down a Beatles dark hole back in college, I’ve got every album, never bought Love as I thought it was a greatest hits and figured I’ve got plenty of their greatest hits albums. 1 and the anthology box set is good enough. Man I wish I had picked this up years ago.
 
"“I can see a lone artist with a lot of tapes and electrical … like an extension of the Moog synthesizer — a keyboard with the complexity and richness of a whole orchestra, y’know? There’s somebody out there, working in a basement, just inventing a whole new musical form. We’ll hear about it in a couple years. Whoever it is, though, I’d like him to be really popular, to play at large concerts, not just be on records — at Carnegie Hall, to play at dances …”
- Jim Morrison, 1968
Musician and composer Walter Carlos had an entire synthesizer inspired album called, “Switched on Bach,” released in 1968. He managed the “A Clockwork Orange” movie soundtrack which included Beethoven’s greatest works in dazzling synthesizer versions.

Did Morrison predict electronic music on the horizon?
Wow! That’s prophetic. Morrison could have been talking about Rick Wakeman.
 
I’m seriously kicking myself for not listening to this sooner, they did an effing fantastic job on this album. I’m seriously sitting on the edge of my sofa, I feel like I’m re-discovering the Beatles. They stick to the original sounds but add in orchestra and random little touches of different instruments that just complements it greatly. This whole time I thought it was a greatest hits album, far from it. Really well done mix, and fantastic SQ the vocals seem to just jump out at you.

I’m not a fan of 5.1, subs give me bad headaches, I do believe you tho, the SQ is really nice, the mastering of this mix is superb.

The orchestra in While My Guitar Gently Weeps is something magical. I wish I still smoked weed, I’d totally be burning a fat one with this. F this is mind blowing good!

Need to get a copy!
 
Back
Top Bottom