• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What are your oldest speakers currently in use or owned by you?

Dynaco A-25s (June 1971). I also have some HH Scott S-15s and KLH 22s that I believe are early 70s, can't find specific manufacture date.........
 
Altec Valencia/Flamenco. Can't recall the date stamp.

Nope, made a mistake -- still have four metal-coned GEC speakers from 1957. :D
 
B&O 1702, small ones from about -70, connected to the TV for basic use.
For movies, I better fire up the amp's, dac and bigger speakers.

Getting older; just got a set of look-like-new SEAS bookshelfspeaker 72K from -64! They have been in a dentists office since new.
 
AR 2AX '65

IMGP1142.jpg


KLH 6 not sure - not the epoxied drivers:

KLH3.jpg
 
I have a pair of Magnepan MG1.0 IMP that I bought new in 1983. They now serve as the rear speakers in the HT set up. :D
:music:
 
Wharfedale Airedales marked 1962 on one and 1963 on the other in my garage. Too darn big to go in my house until I build on. I hope to have the rosewood veneer refinished and the grill cloth replaced this winter.
 
Phillips speakers that were part of a cassette deck...circa 1967. They still work and serenade me when I'm folding my laundry! (Running off of a Kenwood amp) :) The cassette deck doesn't work, and is low fidelity when compared with my other ones, so I keep it as more of a curio than anything else.

2lkcffs.jpg
 
A late 1920s vintage RCA Radiola 100a speaker. I use it on my Radiola 18 from 1928. Its stand-alone and was sold seperate from the radio, so it counts:)

If we're limiting this to plural speakers, 1974 or so Onkyo Radian III speakers on my TX4500.
 
Old speakers

I own several pairs of ADS speakers from 1978: L1230s, L1s, L10s, L300is, L780s, and several pairs of car speakers. All are fantastic sounding, which is why I have amassed so many pairs.
 
Monsterous EMI LE4's, made around 1966-68 from what I've found.

Not currently in use though...
 

Attachments

  • DSCN3310 (Large).JPG
    DSCN3310 (Large).JPG
    54.5 KB · Views: 73
Klipsch Cornwalls and JBL 4301 B Studio Monitors

I can't be positive about the exact age of these speakers I use in my secondary audio room but my guess is they are both from about 1978. So both pair are 30 yrs old and they get equal use. The pics are from the seller as I just recently purchased the JBL 4301B Studio Monitors from an Audiogon listing and set them up.

I have also sold these older speakers in the last month alone clearing out surplus...B&W CM1/CM2...Allison Eights and Allison Nines...found them all on
CL in the past couple of years

See pics
 

Attachments

  • 1219277193.jpg
    1219277193.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 31
  • 1219277194.jpg
    1219277194.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC01649.jpg
    DSC01649.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC01673.jpg
    DSC01673.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC01672.jpg
    DSC01672.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 33
According to the Marantz site, the early version of the Marantz Imperial 5's are xxx rare. Other than re-doing the cabs on the units, with a few minor inperfections cosmetic wise, but still absolutely beautifull to look at with their original grills, these are very pleaseant sounding speakers. x-overs have not been touched. Unfortunately, they are short 1 speaker badge to make them complete. I believe they were from the late 60's.
 
In daily use in my home since 1956, one JBL 030 system (075 ring radiator, N2400 network, D130 15"), bought by my father as part of a mono system. For stereo, I matched it with another used 030 system in a JBL C37 cabinet around 1966 and I've had them with me and playing every day since then in my living room. All original and still sounding fine! :thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom