• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What arm is on this Oracle?

fiddlefye

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
A friend sent me a pic of his Oracle table and while the arm looks really familiar I'm not sure what it is and neither is he. Any ideas?
Arm on Oracle.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
Pivot also looks like an ADC pivot but I don't recall they made any S shaped arms. Have him take some closeup pics of the pivot area, the base, and the arm that holds the lock, there might be labeling over there somewhere.
 
Good eye folks, it is indeed an ADC arm, made to the specs that Linn wanted........Linn LVV arm
Ah yes! I had a LVX Basik and the anti-skate arrangement is the same. I knew there was something annoyingly familiar going on....
 
Hi,

Linn LVV. Decent arm but nowhere near good enough for an
Oracle IMO. Minimum IMO is a Linn LVX+ or Syrinx LE1.

There are a number of rare arms with Linn compatible
mounting that would suit, probably one of the ideal
arms that suit would be the Alphason HR100S :

191.0550x0188.jpg


rgds, sreten.
 
I think my friend is actually pretty happy with the performance of the arm. The table was gifted to him on "long-term-perhaps-permanent" loan, so I doubt he will be making any changes to it any time soon. He has a bit of a propensity to change carts now and again, so I imagine the removable headshell is useful.
 
I think my friend is actually pretty happy with the performance of the arm.
The table was gifted to him on "long-term-perhaps-permanent" loan, so I
doubt he will be making any changes to it any time soon. He has a bit of
a propensity to change carts now and again, so I imagine the removable
headshell is useful.

Hi,

Fair enough, but its like buying a sports car and being happy fitting
it with tyres much more suitable for a mundane runaround. It will
work, its a good expensive turntable and a decent budget arm,
but don't pretend the combination does the the Oracle justice,
or that it will get the best out of a range of fitted cartridges.

rgds, sreten.
 
Back
Top Bottom