• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What CD are you listening to? What CD Player?

I have had it since Monday. I am running it in a vintage system and learning it's personality. It's really quite different well of course it's older but Nak was always nice gear so I went for it. Very warm sound and seems to beckon my attention. The Cd I have in the post above with Anne-Sophie Mutter is gorgeous. These players go for about fifty to seventy out there. I have always liked Nakamichi.
Thanks Paul!
 
Last edited:
Mr. Lin,

You're in for a real treat. The new disc is actually an XRCD24 and it sounds mighty fine indeed!

Right now:

Sonny Clark, Cool Struttin' (XRCD)

Naim CD5i-2

Just put it on but so far it sounds great, particularly the drums. Geez, talk about eerily real-sounding! Another great addition to the prized XRCD library. :yes:
 
Right now:

Sonny Clark, Cool Struttin' (XRCD)

Naim CD5i-2

Just put it on but so far it sounds great, particularly the drums. Geez, talk about eerily real-sounding! Another great addition to the prized XRCD library. :yes:

Enjoy! :D
 
I pulled out an older Sony DVD player DVP-NS700P that was used in a spare bedroom for the grandkids when they would spend the night. Plucked it into the main system and hooked up the digital output to the EAD and played the SACD Brothers in Arms again.

What I found when I observed the EAD display was the HDCD indiactor came on. That was a major surprise.No other disc in my collection is HDCD and there's no mention of this on the Brothers in Arms cover.

The Sony is not SACD capable,but the sound of this disc was every bit as good as I remembered it to be when I had the Marantz SACD player in the system.
 
Various Artists - Best Audiophile Voices III on my MCD500.

Dave - XRCD2 alert! Very, very nice! Sara K, Alison Krauss, Rebecca Pidgeon, to name a few of the ladies on this CD.

jvcxrh7864.jpg
 
Rickie Lee Jones - Balm In Gilead on my usual (only).

I like this one a lot. It just may be her best effort since her debut album.

UNICD31760-Large.jpg
 
I love Ricky Lee. I have her first Lp that's it.
I would like to hear a XRCD sometime. I'll have to look around online I guess. Most the local retailers just carry run of the mill.

Debussy again tonight just to relax, that's me 8003.
 
Various Artists - Best Audiophile Voices III on my MCD500.

Dave - XRCD2 alert! Very, very nice! Sara K, Alison Krauss, Rebecca Pidgeon, to name a few of the ladies on this CD.

jvcxrh7864.jpg

You work for JVC, don't you? :thmbsp:

I love Ricky Lee. I have her first Lp that's it.
I would like to hear a XRCD sometime. I'll have to look around online I guess. Most the local retailers just carry run of the mill.

Debussy again tonight just to relax, that's me 8003.

What specifically by Debussy?

If you want to try an XRCD all the major hi-fi music/gear sites like Acoustic Sounds, Music Direct, and Elusive Disc carry them. This is the first one I got, and it remains one of my favorites:

http://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo.asp?number=JVCSXR0225

Not surprisingly, most people find the price for these off-putting. I got my first one out of simple curiosity, and I now have, well, a lot more. I usually treat myself every month or two. A couple have been a little disappointing sound quality-wise, though I suspect it's just because of the original recording. If you ever want recommendations let me know, or if you're considering a specific title and you want to know if I own it, because I very well might. :D

Oh, and currently:

Hawkwind, Hall of The Mountain Grill

On the Naim, to get me warmed up for round two of the Cool Struttin' XRCD.
 
Currenty playing - Joni Mitchell - Shadows And Light

A live performance from 1979. Outstanding cast of musicians:

Bass - Jaco Pastorius
Drums - Dan Alias
Guitar - Pat Metheny
Keyboards - Lyle Mays
Sax - Michael Brecker

weacd60590.jpg
 
I love Ricky Lee. I have her first Lp that's it.

Me too. Trouble is, I don't think she ever lived up to the potential she showed on her first album. Tough act to follow. Some of her more recent efforts, like this one and Pop Pop come close though, IMO. This one is very different, style-wise from her self-titled original but really nice. I think you'd like it.
 
Me too. Trouble is, I don't think she ever lived up to the potential she showed on her first album. Tough act to follow. Some of her more recent efforts, like this one and Pop Pop come close though, IMO. This one is very different, style-wise from her self-titled original but really nice. I think you'd like it.

I was into the first release and would probably like this too. (those were the days)

I will see if I can find it.
Thanks!
 
Back
Top Bottom