• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What CD are you listening to? What CD Player?

Ry Cooder: Chavez Ravine

51DWkEzksPL._SL500_AA300_.jpg


On an Oppo DV-983H

dv_983h_home.gif
 
The new release from Jeff Beck - Emotion and Commotion, thru a Marantz CD5003 with a Music Hall dac25.2 thru a pair of Monitor Audio Silver RS-8's and a FB-210 sub.

the 'critics' have been ganging up on this one quite negatively.
i, personally, think it's excellent. "somewhere over the rainbow" is splendid!
the main complaint about "emotion and commotion" is that it's all over the place.
perhaps it is, but these are places that i love to go.
with a guitar, mr beck is as good as it gets.
 
+1

I agree its a great work.
I did not know the critics were giving poor reviews. I read he recorded it last fall and if that is true I wonder why it goes so many places. It was supposed to release on December 4rth then was delayed for some reason.
 
Direct-to-DSD recording by Telarc....as good as it gets on SACD.

Telarc is very fine and were the very first SACD's I purchased online while waiting for my player to arrive. Beautiful soundstage and just some very fine titles as well. I'm really glad you made this point!
 
Telarc is very fine and were the very first SACD's I purchased online while waiting for my player to arrive. Beautiful soundstage and just some very fine titles as well. I'm really glad you made this point!

The sound quality of "Brain" is just spectacular. Very clean bass, crisp highs and smooth midrange. :thmbsp: This is my first Telarc SACD purchase. I can't wait to hear my next Telarc SACD, whatever it may be.
 
The sound quality of "Brain" is just spectacular. Very clean bass, crisp highs and smooth midrange. :thmbsp: This is my first Telarc SACD purchase. I can't wait to hear my next Telarc SACD, whatever it may be.

I like all my Telarc CD's either the hybrids or redbook they are great. Hiromi Brain is just the tip of the iceberg. I call it "music everywhere". It's the Telarc sound it's really clean and spatious.
 
She is kind of a jazz/rock fusion artist. But my opinion is just that I would hate to have you buy a SA8003...I mean I would not like seeing you buy it then not like it.

But you have ears like a Robin Dave!

I'll be getting one of those Oppo BDP83 Blueray players soon, so maybe I'll check it out then.
 
Sheryl Crow's Tuesday Night Music Club played on a Marantz SA8260. Next up is Elton John's Madman Across The Water.
 
Giving a Kyocera DA-710cx one last spin with Fleetwood Mac's The Dance.

Regards,
Mike
 

Attachments

  • Kyocera DA-710cx CD Player - 02.jpg
    Kyocera DA-710cx CD Player - 02.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 21
And I should stop joking around with this. If that's what your getting I am sure its good. :yes:

People are raving about it everywhere, the analog outputs are supposed to be superb (there's also a modified version for even better audio, but bumps the price from $500 to around $1k), but I'll probably end up connecting it to an outboard DAC anyway. :)
 
Last evening -a brief encounter with Brahms Violin Concerto on my Nakamichi CD4 player.

I am never going to get anything done around here....:D
 
Back
Top Bottom