• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What CD are you listening to? What CD Player?

Lucien Dubuis Trio & Marc Ribot ~ Ultime Cosmos :music:

Marantz CD5001- Monarchy Audio DIP Classic - Audio Alchemy DDE v1.1
 
Masters of Reality, "Sunrise on the Surferbus." Pretty heavy stuff! Ginger Baker still had IT in 1992!
 
Emotion and Commotion -Marantz SA8003

Its been seven years since his last release and that is hard to imagine. This is one of the most telling of all his works and with out a doubt his finest. Jeff is somewhere way beyond his guitar and the music we can only wonder how he finds it these days. With out a doubt the finest guitarist in the world.

There is something for everyone on this CD I find it totally captivating and of all things inspirational a true joy to listen. The sound of this CD is enchanting.

Its a double set with a DVD of the Crossroads Guitar festival. Very well done. Its just great seeing people having so much fun doing the things they love. Go out and get this tomorrow if you can.

Emc.jpg


Emc2.jpg


Man do I need a new power amp...
 
Last edited:
Cranked it up yesterday afternoon. A friend purchased it while we were at Record Store Day. I agree with you Ron that it has something for everyone. I must admit I was a little surprised to hear him play "Over The Rainbow". My friend and I kept waiting for him to bust out into a screaming guitar riff version of this song but it never happened.
 
Listening to "The Sensational Alex Harvey Band" Live at the BBC on a Esoteric DV60. Fathhealer sounds amazing live, this is a fantastic disc!:music:
 
listening to Car Wheels on a Gravel Road---------------Lucinda Williams
CD player I am using today is a McIntosh MCD301
 
"Brothers in arms" by Dire Straits on DPA PDM 1 Series 3 DAC + Pioneer DV-344 acting as a CD transport.

Dave
 
I'm listening to Cafe Blue right now.

I also have "Modern Cool" and "Verse" (as you know). What do you recommend for my next P.B. purchase?

you already have with "modern cool" and "cafe blue", imo, ms barber's two best releases.
but, as a next purchase, i would secure "companion", which is a live recording
of many of the songs from the aforementioned titles.
it was performed at the GREEN MILL JAZZ CLUB in chicago @1999.
the live renditions are awesome; i'm sure you will be pleased.
also, check out 'mythologies', it was released in '06.
recently, i've been listening to her latest release 'cole porter mix.'
the bottom line is there is no bad patricia barber recording; it's all good!
 
listening to Car Wheels on a Gravel Road---------------Lucinda Williams
CD player I am using today is a McIntosh MCD301

EXCELLENT!!
lucinda is to alt country, what patricia barber is to jazz.
that's about as high a compliment that i could give anybody.
 
Last edited:
you already have with "modern cool" and "cafe blue", imo, ms barber's two best releases.
but, as a next purchase, i would secure "companion", which is a live recording
of many of the songs from the aforementioned titles.
it was performed at the GREEN MILL JAZZ CLUB in chicago @1999.
the live renditions are awesome; i'm sure you will be pleased.
also, check out 'mythologies', it was released in '06.
recently, i've been listening to her latest release 'cole porter mix.'
the bottom line is there is no bad patricia barber recording; it's all good!

Thanks MAC ED.

I believe "companion" will be my next purchase. I've heard "mythologies" and it is very good as well. I haven't purchased it yet because at the time of it's release i was discovering "cafe blue" which still blows me away today.
 
Back
Top Bottom