• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What do you own that is TOTL?

Tandberg TR-2075

I like the aluminum oldie.
 

Attachments

  • 2012-08-14 16.54.14.jpg
    2012-08-14 16.54.14.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 22
Optonica SA-5151 Receiver

345ipg1.jpg
 
My VAC CLA1 MKII pre amp was TOTL for VAC in the 90s and was considered a Reference Component by Stereophile back then also.

My Counterpoint NPS400 was their biggest baddest amp back then also.

My Dynaudio 82s are the top of the Audience line but the bottom of the barrel for Dyns.
 
Nothing that will impress on this forum, all middle of the road gear, and limited by funds. By no means an audiophile, I just enjoy the quality of the sound at this point. Now if a TOTL piece falls into my lap I wouldn't hesitate for the right price...

2 channel

Marantz
Carver
Yamaha
Pioneer
Kenwood
Thorens
Boston Acoustics
Polk
Phase Technology
Klipsch
ADC

Surround

Emotiva
Outlaw

Hey, it's not about impressing anybody.It's about sharing the love of our hobby.
 
TOTL??

A brand new (NOS) 1968 Navigators dividers and compass set. It's still brand new, never used it. I just used my old ones for 34 years which were the same exact model. I got them used. Wore the 'real' chrome right off the brass. Yeah, those have been around the world 100+ times in milage and reality. They function perfect. They DEFINATELY don't make THEM like they used to anymore. You couldn't even buy a pair that comes close. They are simply outrageous, in design, weight, and function.

That's the only TOTL items I've ever owned.

My Black Leather jacket-shirt too that I bought in 1981 in Japan. It cost me all of $40 in Japan. Wore it for 26 years. It's been super used, abused, ripped, torn, scrapped, spilled on, and beat up to no end, and it's still 'here'!! Had it refurbrushed (which cost me double pllus more than the jacket cost), and still wearing it. Looks fantastic. Never fly domestically or internationally without it. It's got a Bob Dylan look to it. It's a rocker. Keeps you warm in the winter and it's cool enough to wear indoors. It's pure magic and really good luck!! :)

As far as stereo gear goes:
1. TOTL beautiful 1980 NOS Sansui TT rack. It's way beyond beautiful. It belows in an Art Museum.
2. TOTL Sansui 1980 SR-838 TT.
3. And a TOTL great NOS 1980 Ortofon , TOTL or darn close to it. Think it was.
It sounds fantastic for an MM.
4. And TOTL 1980 Sansui 'Hi-Efficiency' 'special order' thicker black jacketed speaker cables. Cool and they work really well! Just Perfect in every way. :thmbsp:
5. TOTL 1987 Sansui AU-X901 'Vintage Series' amplifier. Nice!
6. TOTL 1979-1980 Sansui TU-717 tuner. It's amazing really, an 'audiophile' tuner, no doubt. Sounds wonderful.

All my 'other' Sansui gear was TOTL too, during the year made (the golden years). Happy camper here.

I'm a Sansui guy. No other equipment desired.
 
Last edited:
I have toshiba sd-9200 DVD player. It does music well too - surround sound, and HDCD. But I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, as most of them have a rattle in the first few tracks :( After that, it sounds quite good ! It is stereophile recommended component class A.
 
Not much that I have is top of the line unless I just don't know that they are.

Sony TC-KA3ES
Sony TC-651 - not sure on this - someone here said there was a more expensive R2R deck but I never saw one at the NX in Yokosuka so I don't know.
Pioneer RT909
Pioneer CS99a
Sansui 9090db
AR Turntables - I have at least one of every model (I think) so if they didn't overlap (2 or more sold the same year) all of them were TOTL when they were available.
B&O TX (?)
Shure V15VxMR
Nak CR-7a (?)

Karl
 
I think TOTL:
Sony STR-AV 1000 A/V receiver
ReVox B-795 turntable
Tascam 122 mkII cassette deck
Akai GX-370D R2R tape deck
JBL Century L100
 
I guess these are two, no three:

Yamaha CA-1000 was top of Yamanha's integrated amp line in its day.

The Qysonic Array Tower speaker was the largest Qysonic available for the probably three years they were commercial.
At the time I acquired them, it was the ONLY model but nevermind that, I have the hand-built prototype. Smaller ones were soon available, and there is even an "Micro" that I also have. I wish I had the middle "Tad" model ...

Stax SR-Sigma I think was TOTL, at least it was the top electrostatic phone that my dealer carried.
Greetings Webbb, just stumbled on this older post of yours and I'm curious whether you still have the Qysonic Array tower speakers. I also have recently acquired a a pair of the same model speakers and I was told they are also the hand-built prototype model. I'd appreciate very much if you'd be kind enough to send me some pics of your pair if you still happen to have them. Thanks in advance!
 
An old thread, but since it's been revived, I'll play...

Marantz 2130
Marantz 300DC
Marantz 3650
Marantz 5030B
Sansui SR-929

...all of which are packed away in a closet somewhere.
 
All top of the line in their day . . . I may have missed a few.

Marantz 4400
Pioneer SX-1250
Pioneer SX-1010
Pioneer SG-90
Akai GX-370D
Akai X-360 & X-360D
Denon DR-M44HX
McIntosh MAC1900
Mitsubishi DA-R35
Sansui 881
Proton D1200
Realistic STA-2100D
 
Mine stopped being TOTL in 2021 when they were discontinued, and the new (and still current) crop of Luxman C-10x, M10x, DA-07x, and E-07 came out to replace my C-900U pre-amp, M900U power amp, DA-06 dac, and EQ-500 phono amp.

I am certainly NOT going to "upgrade" as it truly is a tiny, almost imperceptible improvement. (I auditioned them all and know.)
 
Here's my TOTL gear:
Yamaha DSP-A1
Pioneer VSX-95
Tandberg 10XD
RAM 512 (well, I can't say for sure on this one, but I don't think they made another power amp, so I think it qualifies.)
 
Back
Top Bottom