• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What is the Electro-Voice Sentry III Equalizer, Boost Frequency?

Register to hide this ad
EV is very good about providing documentation on their website. You're going to want to know how many db's boost, and roll-off too.
 
In case close-enough is useful

Something I pack-ratted from somewhere.
 

Attachments

  • Sentry-Interface EQ schematic.jpg
    Sentry-Interface EQ schematic.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 118
Something I pack-ratted from somewhere.
The 2 resistors in the schematic I think say 13K and 220K.
That works out to 32 Hz.
I'm not sure of the values, it is a little fuzzy.
Maybe you could snap another photo.
Sentry III & Sentry III series II EDS say 28Hz, 6 db boost
Sentry III explanation brochure says 32Hz, 6db boost

Seems like it is suppose to be 28Hz.
That is what the speakers resonance is with the bottom vent covered.
Also your schematic says Interface A is 35Hz,
I believe the Interface A eq box frequency is 39Hz, 6db boost.
Unless EV had changed frequencies with different series of interface speakers.
 
Sorry jorb, that's all I have and I'm very-much in the dark regarding the intricacies of these lines. Hopefully someone more knowledgable/informed will weigh-in. I just took a shot in case something was better than nothing.
 
Interesting. I just picked a pair of EV Sentry IIIs for my sister. Refurbed surrounds and hooked them up tonight and thought they were pleasant sounding speakers. Very smooooooth horn and warm mid band. Not near as deep in the bass department as my Waveform Machs but a speaker I could easily live with.
 
I was reading through some Sentry III info on AK and came across a comment regarding the weak bass.

In this instance it referenced a difference in the crossover between the MKII and the original version. MK II being better in low end response.

By the same token adjusting the connections internally as per EV its easy to bi amp and have more control of the lower end.
 
I was reading through some Sentry III info on AK and came across a comment regarding the weak bass.
In this instance it referenced a difference in the crossover between the MKII and the original version. MK II being better in low end response.
The only difference between the SIII & SIII series II crossovers is the resistors on the midrange horn.
There is no difference in the woofer circuit.
Notice both schematics show, midrange & tweeter are out of phase. (positive is on the ground) But the crossover puts them back in-phase.
The SIII series II has a light bulb on the TS Tweeter Saver.
Here are the schematics for SIII and SIII Series II
ev sentry III schematic.jpg EV Sentry III Series II schematic.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom