• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What McIntosh Gear Are You Using?

I would think there might be some polished stainless covers out there. Anyone see, or go with this option?
 
Wow! With all the back and forth about Mac just being a name everyone who posted has some serious stuff.
I have a little Mac 1700. I finally pulled the trigger to have a Mac.
I do not have the room for some of the stuff posted because my primary system is Adcom with Ohm I and Magnat speakers.
The Mac is for backround music and every so often I run it and it does well for 40 watts.
Love the hybrid tube tuner and the solid state amp. Too bad FM radio programing these days is not what it used to be.
 
Just picked up a McIntosh system and I’m excited to hear it with my speakers.

C20 Preamplifier
MR 65 Tuner
A pair of MC75 amplifiers

I’m in the process of assessing the benefit of restoring the 75s as they are showing their age. Sounded amazing during the demo
Post some pictures @Swanny88 !

:needpics:
 
Post some pictures @Swanny88 !

:needpics:
Here are some teaser shots of the gear‍☠️

Sending the C20 to Audio Classics for updates and the MC 75s to Bob The Tech for the chassis swap updates. The chassis’s for the 75s have arrived from the vendor and the quality/attention to detail is amazing. Also picked up new speaker terminals and we will clean/replace tube sockets as needed. More to follow IMG_5600.jpegIMG_5604.jpegIMG_5607.jpegIMG_5611.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Those look like original tube shields on the MC75s, keep a watch for a pair of chicken-head gain knobs if you want the original look.
 
C20 Preamp
MR55 Tuner
MC60 Amps
MP100 Phono Preamps
MPM4000 UV Meter
ML1C Speakers
MQ101 Equalizer
Groovetracer Turntable with dual Rega 3000 tonearms
Richard Gray Power Conditioner

Acoustical nirvana!
That's quite the mix of vintage and new. Wow. Tell me about the MR55 - never seen one in person.
 
I’m most proud of the power tubes: Tung Sol 6550 smooth black plate, one pair, 1st gen, other 3rd gen. I lucked out in purchasing a total of 7 tubes over time from various sources and found 2 matched pairs, with date codes within weeks of each other, from 1958 and 1960. I joke that I don’t listen to any music released after my tubes were manufactured…

IMG_1105.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Wow - I have an NOS set of GE6550s for my MC60s. Still in their original boxes.

Do you use an MPX adapter with the 55?
 
Back
Top Bottom