• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What not to do in a rental car.

Register to hide this ad
I don't get why someone would type, when they can use voice?

Ok, there's "stupid" I guess. But isn't that a modern phone with Siri or the Google Goblin, or something?

The scream is funny'ish.

She's probably wishing she had take the INSURANCE OPTION.
 
I don't get why someone would type, when they can use voice?

Ok, there's "stupid" I guess. But isn't that a modern phone with Siri or the Google Goblin, or something?

The scream is funny'ish.

She's probably wishing she had take the INSURANCE OPTION.
The backstory is that she was heading to or from a nurse practitioner's meeting (see the ID badge), making some business arrangements on the fly.

Also, this meeting is the reason for the Turo rent-a-car. I bet that car owner is never going to do that again.

You would think an RN Practitioner would know better. But...

:(
 
"Hang up and drive!!"

Just a classic example, of why driving needs your attention way more than the ***cking phone!!!

I absolutely hate it. No one drives anymore, they simply see driving as an alternate activity to their cell phone addiction. Seems most people these days now need a cell phone cradle in their car / truck / suv, or on their motorcycle. No, you don't (and I don't care who you are or if this bothers you)... People have developed a disregard for property and injury to themselves and others because 'that text or call can't wait'.

It absolutely can wait. There was a day when we had no cell phones or nav screens or touch screens. We lived and worked and drove.
 
"Hang up and drive!!"

Just a classic example, of why driving needs your attention way more than the ***cking phone!!!

I absolutely hate it. No one drives anymore, they simply see driving as an alternate activity to their cell phone addiction. Seems most people these days now need a cell phone cradle in their car / truck / suv, or on their motorcycle. No, you don't (and I don't care who you are or if this bothers you)... People have developed a disregard for property and injury to themselves and others because 'that text or call can't wait'.

It absolutely can wait. There was a day when we had no cell phones or nav screens or touch screens. We lived and worked and drove.
It's an addiction. :(

You can tell whether a person is texting, drunk, or both almost immediately while driving behind them.
 
Bad driver on top of it. You'd feel the transition, soon enough to add a little throttle and steer out of it. Bad roads and youthful exuberance teaches it.
The problem is, she was so engaged with whatever the texts were about, her driving reflexes prolly went to zero.

Plus, it takes a split second to refocus on the road after looking at your phone. That's enough time to lose control.
 
Back
Top Bottom