• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What Records Have You Bought Most Recently ?

My local record store didn't survive the Covid shutdown. Thank (insert favorite personal deity here) for Wal Mart and the internet. All brand new.

Led Zeppelin - Self Titled
Buck Owens - his first Capitol album
Buck Owens - Live In San Francisco 1989 (cd)
Joshua Hedley - Mr. Jukebox
John Mellencamp - The Best That I Could Do 1978-1988
KISS - Rock And Roll Over (like I really needed another copy. Couldn't pass it up for $7.18)
Green Day - Father Of All
Paul McCartney - Choba B CCCP
 
Three chords and the truth, Van Morrison gray vinyl. Noisier than black vinyl! Kacey Musgraves Golden hour clear vinyl. Not noisy but STOP IT! Vinyl should be black. You can keep your picture and splatter discs too! Boomer rant over. As you were...
 
1._jd_album3singles_front.jpg

The Closer (40th Anniversary) Bundle is my latest... got to wait until 7/17/20 for release, though. A bargain compared to buying all 4 items individually!
 
I can understand that. I picked up What's Going On by Marvin Gaye today. Not going to say where I got it. ;):rflmao:
I got a trashed copy from goodwill. I looked in several record store and a few walmarts. Finally bought the CD. Now its everywhere and I'm kinda over it. I listened to him and Mary Wells on vinyl yesterday.
 
Last two new albums:

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours, 2011 Steve Hoffman/Kevin Gray reissue.

Rumours-Pallas-T60-CNC-Arcam.jpg


Bob Marley and the Wailers - Legend, 30th anniversary, tri-color vinyl.

Legend-PX-2.jpg


I have Jethro Tull - Aqualung, Steve Wilson reissue arriving today from Amazon.

Picked up three used records the day after my local Goodwill re-opened: Stevie Wonder - Talking Book, Milestones...Miles Davis (Columbia 2-eye, mono) and The Beatles - Hey Jude (Apple Records 1970 pressing mastered by Sam Feldman at Bell Sound Studios). I will be cleaning these today. I'm looking forward to comparing the early issue Apple Hey Jude to my late 70s Capitol pressing that was mastered at Capitol by Jay Maynard. I bought that one new in 1979. Both were pressed at the Capitol Jacksonville, IL plant.
 
I haven't heard anyone mention that album in a long time. I bought a copy last year and sent it to friend. I don't even have a copy for myself. LOL

I saw Hendrix on the label, and even without the outer sleeve, I couldn't pass it up.
 
Well I got my Stimulus check and the retail record store reopened. But it pretty much been down sized and half packed with DVDs's and CD's to keep up sales volumes. So I guess I'll have to wait for the warehouse to open. He says August or September. Yesterday I went through everything Acoustic Sounds has in LPs's, 6300 or so. Made a wish list and will decide after my visit with my Tax person how many of the discs to order. I think I will just start with a few to see how well they are packs and if they survive the shipping in hot weather.
 
Well I got my Stimulus check and the retail record store reopened. But it pretty much been down sized and half packed with DVDs's and CD's to keep up sales volumes. So I guess I'll have to wait for the warehouse to open. He says August or September. Yesterday I went through everything Acoustic Sounds has in LPs's, 6300 or so. Made a wish list and will decide after my visit with my Tax person how many of the discs to order. I think I will just start with a few to see how well they are packs and if they survive the shipping in hot weather.
Do share with us your new cargo...
 
R-12282374-1532104087-7319.jpeg.jpg
R-1014007-1579477828-3492.jpeg.jpg


Local record store pick ups (2 weeks ago) ... ZZ Top "Tejas" (Nm-) .. been getting into early ZZ Top recently while listening to Joe Bonamassa show (Different Shades of Blue on Sirius XM). He often plays some of their earlier stuff.

Have had Phil Collins solo "Face Value" Nm- Japanese pressing (w/ Obi) for years but always wanted a US domestic press (gatefold cover). Not seen this album much in recent years .. if I have, they wanted more than I was willing to spend. Picked up strong Vg+ copy for $3.
 
I'm a big fan of the Christian singer Mathew Ward, made famous by the Second Chapter of Acts group with his two sisters. This guy makes the hair on my arms stand up with his incredible vocals.

Anyway, I managed to find - about a year ago - an unopened copy of his rock album, Armed & Dangerous. I hadn't opened it in all this time because I couldn't decide which format to transfer it to for regular listening.

Two days ago I decided to give it a listen anyway. Wouldn't you know it? Halfway thru one of the best songs there is a skip. The only defect on the entire album, otherwise noise free. This makes me sick. Especially since I paid a bit of change for a new, unopened album.

GeeDeeEmm
I picked up a copy for 25 cents, it cleaned up well, plays fine, no skips. Digitized it and it's in my rotation of music I listen to in my car.
 
Back
Top Bottom