• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

What type of device do you access AK with

What device do you most frequently visit AK with?

  • Smartphone

    Votes: 43 23.9%
  • PC

    Votes: 115 63.9%
  • Other device (feel free to post whatever "other" you use)

    Votes: 22 12.2%

  • Total voters
    180
PC...my phone is rarely near my body and is used to communicate with very few people and fairly infrequently at that. I made a very deliberate decision years ago that I would not become Pavlov's Dog...this is in no way a judgement on how others use their phones. I am surely "the odd man out" in this regard.

Cheers!

David
Maybe not so odd, man. Normal to me.
 
I'm old skool with respects to access...

xb93.80p-03-01.jpg
what cable connection?
 
PC...my phone is rarely near my body and is used to communicate with very few people and fairly infrequently at that. I made a very deliberate decision years ago that I would not become Pavlov's Dog...this is in no way a judgement on how others use their phones. I am surely "the odd man out" in this regard.

Cheers!

David
Me too, and the only single I ever bought was "Golden years" and the other side was "Changes":cool:
 
About 75% MacBook Air (c. 2014), 25% iPhone SE (c. 2021). Both work fine 90% of the time, only slight issues, but will upgrade when finances permit. No issues accessing AK on either.
 
The last poll on this question went cold in 2016, with the majority of users at that time stating that the PC was their device of choice for visiting AK. Well, it's now 7 years later, and rather than simply bumping that thread, I figure it'd be great to have an updated take on who uses what to access AK. My guess is that the percentage of smartphone users has gone up, and it'll be interesting to compare the results of this new poll against the results of that long dormant thread.

So, which is it, Smartphone?, PC?, Other device? Cast you vote here and let's see which device is most prevalent :)

A PC, tower and all that. Should add it has two big screen monitors and a Heathkit AA22 driving Infinity 5000s, twelve inch three way from mid seventies. I like full sized stuff, for me delivers a better experience.
 
Last edited:
PC...my phone is rarely near my body and is used to communicate with very few people and fairly infrequently at that. I made a very deliberate decision years ago that I would not become Pavlov's Dog...this is in no way a judgement on how others use their phones. I am surely "the odd man out" in this regard.

Cheers!

David
You`re not alone with that mindset, Deadrock..
I don`t even own a smartass phone, or any cell phone for that matter, and I`m the only person I know who doesn`t own one.

No tossing and turning at night about one being absent in my life either.

A elevated on 1' styro-foam blocks for better bottom intake cooling ~8 yr. old Gateway laptop that remains turned on 24/7/365, logged on to A/K, and 3 various NWS weather type (local forecast, local radar loop, and a 48 loop of GOES East sector for hurricane monitoring) pages tabs minimized until I check in on them on and off during the day
 
I use Windows and Mac desktops about 90% of the time. The remaining 10% is split between a laptop and iPhone. Handheld devices are handy, but I like a fast PC with a big monitor or two!
 
Back
Top Bottom