• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What type of device do you access AK with

What device do you most frequently visit AK with?

  • Smartphone

    Votes: 43 23.9%
  • PC

    Votes: 115 63.9%
  • Other device (feel free to post whatever "other" you use)

    Votes: 22 12.2%

  • Total voters
    180
99% Per-CENT of tha' tyme I youse my smartphone! :)

The other 1% is spent on an HP craptop with serious 'bouts of Envy...
 
Desktop, even at our summer retreat. Can't stand tiny screens for surfing forums be they phone, tablet, notebook or laptop. 27-inch 4K monitor is as low as I'll go, preferably larger with OLED screen as they are far less fatiguing than LCD.
 
Don't really want to date myself but.......
Telegraph.jpegThe last poll on this question went cold in 2016, with the majority of users at that time stating that the PC was their device of choice for visiting AK. Well, it's now 7 years later, and rather than simply bumping that thread, I figure it'd be great to have an updated take on who uses what to access AK. My guess is that the percentage of smartphone users has gone up, and it'll be interesting to compare the results of this new poll against the results of that long dormant thread.

So, which is it, Smartphone?, PC?, Other device? Cast you vote here and let's see which device is most prevalent :)
 
I don't carry a PC to communicate, take photos, access the Internet, or any of the other tools a smartphone provides instantly, without have to wait for it to spool up and make a connection only accessible at home. A PC isn't available when I have some time to catch up with AK and news sites, if I want a bigger display, I have a cell tower enabled tablet for that. I haven't accessed the Internet on a PC in more years than I can remember, what I do remember is that it was always slower than any handheld I possessed at the time, and that I could not access information when I needed it away from an Internet connection. Nor is it available for emergencies and navigation.
That's why I carry a handheld smartphone.
 
90% 15" ASUS Laptop, Windows 11 Home on Broadband Fibre and 10% iPad Mimi 5 on 4G SIM card when out of the house. AK www always working well, never connection or availability issues so :biggrin: to AK IT admin, I'm in Melbourne, Australia. Cheers :cool:
 
100% Laptop!
VPkPx9.gif
 
Mostly iPad (I think). But also smart phone, laptop, raspberry pi (with an itty bitty screen). Anything that can talk to the web…
 
Back
Top Bottom