• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What's Your Favorite ________?

Favorite British record label:

Track Records, the first British independent. Home base for The Who.

Favorite '60s-'70s rock session musician?
 
Last edited:
Jeez, do I have to choose? I'd like to say C.F. Martin overall, but I really like the tonality of ladder-braced guitars too. Ones along the likes of Harmony, and about a thousand other makers from the 30s, 40s and 50s. It's hard to say...I suppose I'll give in and say Martin. Just too many classic sounds to be ignored.

Favourite drink on a hot day?
 
Mick Taylor's clean bell-like solo on Can't You Hear Me Knocking. Believe he was playing an ES-345 but I don't know about the rest of his rig. Probably my favorite guitar tone ever -- takes me places I can't describe.
EDIT: I also love the harmonic jazz chords he plays superimposed over Keith's chukka-chukka rhythm part leading into the solo. And I'm not even a huge Stones fan!

Favorite bass sound, acoustic or electric? Either is good or you can choose one example of each.
 
Last edited:
Mick Taylor's clean bell-like solo on Can't You Hear Me Knocking. Believe he was playing an ES-345 but I don't know about the rest of his rig. Probably my favorite guitar tone ever -- takes me places I can't describe.

Yeah, that's a good one. He was probably using an Ampeg VT-22, which the 'Stones were known for using during that era. Can't You Hear Me Knocking is probably my favourite 'Stones studio song. It's a gooder! :thumbsup:

Favorite bass sound, acoustic or electric.

Jeez, no particular example immediately comes to mind, but on average I like the sound of a good Fender Precision Bass. It just has a warm "thump" that typifies the classic bass tone I have in my head.

Favourite kind of wood?
 
Last edited:
I'd have to go with...Pine.

Easy to work with. Many uses for it. Cheaper than hard woods. Good availability.

Favourite Western hero from the past?


Q
 
Hmmmmm, so many good ones!...I guess a quality Calabrese bread is a good time. :thumbsup: Although, I've yet to have a good days-aged baguette though. That might be a game changer.

Favourite item of clothing?
 
Back
Top Bottom