• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

When AK members - friends - silently disappear

I am still trying to get in contact with @Pio1980 . I have a phone number that used to work for him, but can't get an answer or a return text from it, now.

I have a piece of equipment belonging to Steve, and would like to either get it back to him, or help him sell it, which ever he would like done with it. I have a feeling that this might be helpful to him. Medical care, and even just living in general, certainly isn't cheap these days.

Anyone in Alabama have any way to contact him? Unfortunately, the one other person I knew locally, that also personally knew Steve, has passed on now. I would like to try and find Steve before that happens to one of us!

Regards,
Gordon.
 
I am still trying to get in contact with @Pio1980 . I have a phone number that used to work for him, but can't get an answer or a return text from it, now.

I have a piece of equipment belonging to Steve, and would like to either get it back to him, or help him sell it, which ever he would like done with it. I have a feeling that this might be helpful to him. Medical care, and even just living in general, certainly isn't cheap these days.

Anyone in Alabama have any way to contact him? Unfortunately, the one other person I knew locally, that also personally knew Steve, has passed on now. I would like to try and find Steve before that happens to one of us!

Regards,
Gordon.
Gordon, I had his telephone number in an old "convo" which I cannot seem to find with search, but I'll bet that it is probably the same number you already have that's not being picked up.
 
Gordon, I had his telephone number in an old "convo" which I cannot seem to find with search, but I'll bet that it is probably the same number you already have that's not being picked up.

I am trying some alternative methods of getting in touch with Steve.

Found a blog site from a fellow who knew Joe Patten (the late Phantom of the Fox Theatre here in Atlanta). Steve was also a friend of Joe's, so I thought at maybe this guy might have a way to get in contact, or at least maybe know some other friends of Steve. I just sent him an email, and we'll see what happens.

If anyone else knows anyone who was acquainted with Joe Patten- you might want to check if they also know Steve. Maybe one of us can find a way to get in contact that way.

EDIT: Just found another website, from a fellow who was a volunteer for the Fox Theatre restoration, and sent him an email too. Maybe he can help...

Regards,
Gordon.
 
Last edited:
I am trying some alternative methods of getting in touch with Steve.

Found a blog site from a fellow who knew Joe Patten (the late Phantom of the Fox Theatre here in Atlanta). Steve was also a friend of Joe's, so I thought at maybe this guy might have a way to get in contact, or at least maybe know some other friends of Steve. I just sent him an email, and we'll see what happens.

If anyone else knows anyone who was acquainted with Joe Patten- you might want to check if they also know Steve. Maybe one of us can find a way to get in contact that way.

EDIT: Just found another website, from a fellow who was a volunteer for the Fox Theatre restoration, and sent him an email too. Maybe he can help...

Regards,
Gordon.
Gordon, you are doing yeoman's work. Good on you, brother ... and for casual readers of this thread this is how The Genuine AK Community operates. Yeah, we quarrel and squabble now and then but we are mired in live and mutual respect. Seriously.
 
I am still trying to get in contact with @Pio1980 . I have a phone number that used to work for him, but can't get an answer or a return text from it, now.

I have a piece of equipment belonging to Steve, and would like to either get it back to him, or help him sell it, which ever he would like done with it. I have a feeling that this might be helpful to him. Medical care, and even just living in general, certainly isn't cheap these days.

Anyone in Alabama have any way to contact him? Unfortunately, the one other person I knew locally, that also personally knew Steve, has passed on now. I would like to try and find Steve before that happens to one of us!

Regards,
Gordon.
Gordon, didn't Steve have a live-in partner? I'm sure he dud, but did we ever know his name? Maybe some capable (read : not me!) thread searching could find those data?
 

No name, but a picture and some dates that may help.
 
I am still trying to get in contact with @Pio1980 . I have a phone number that used to work for him, but can't get an answer or a return text from it, now.

I have a piece of equipment belonging to Steve, and would like to either get it back to him, or help him sell it, which ever he would like done with it. I have a feeling that this might be helpful to him. Medical care, and even just living in general, certainly isn't cheap these days.

Anyone in Alabama have any way to contact him? Unfortunately, the one other person I knew locally, that also personally knew Steve, has passed on now. I would like to try and find Steve before that happens to one of us!

Regards,
Gordon.

At the risk of not wanting to invade anyone's privacy, , , is there any way you could do one of those "reverse lookups" on the phone number?

I just figure if you can come up with Steve's full name, it'll perhaps make a search far more informative.

I know the reverse lookup is not free, but I believe it's not all that expensive ($5 or $10 dollars if I remember correctly)
 
I am still trying to get in contact with @Pio1980 . I have a phone number that used to work for him, but can't get an answer or a return text from it, now.

I have a piece of equipment belonging to Steve, and would like to either get it back to him, or help him sell it, which ever he would like done with it. I have a feeling that this might be helpful to him. Medical care, and even just living in general, certainly isn't cheap these days.

Anyone in Alabama have any way to contact him? Unfortunately, the one other person I knew locally, that also personally knew Steve, has passed on now. I would like to try and find Steve before that happens to one of us!

Regards,
Gordon.
Any chance his D/L number is etched on that piece of equipment? People used to do that. My TD-125 bears the scars from the original owner. Though I no longer have a law enforcement contact to look it up for me. Of course the mountain of privacy and national security laws now on the books did not exist 40 years ago.

Edit: I gave Google Lens AI a try at identifying the officiant (?) in the photo above. No luck, but I did get the option “to dress a man in a suit of tennis balls”.
1766859245322.png
Fortunately for us “Skynet” doesn’t seem to be very far along its path to being sentient yet.
 
Last edited:
I still think a person's chosen privacy selections (to not show their online status) should be respect by the staff instead of violated.
Seems there is a misunderstanding.

@hjames, I think you stated a few posts eariler that @Supercool! was last seen on a Friday, December 29, 2025. But others, including me, thought you meant @Pio1980 had last been seen on that date. When I look, @Pio1980 was last seen January 29, 2025. That is info I think anyone can see if they look at a person's profile info.
 
Seems there is a misunderstanding.

@hjames, I think you stated a few posts eariler that @Supercool! was last seen on a Friday, December 29, 2025. But others, including me, thought you meant @Pio1980 had last been seen on that date. When I look Pio1980 was last seen January 29, 2025. That is info I think anyone can see if they look at a person's profile info.
Yes, "last seen in...." (which ever thread) appears.

Screenshot_2026-01-09-09-50-43-74_dc00545bd3b8828f033a02ac25b2d36d.jpg

Also, you can look at the member's recent activity. Personally, I don't see that as an invasion of privacy. If I am gone for a while, I would prefer that people can see where I was last. There is a good chance that if I was expecting to be absent for a while I probably mentioned it and other members can avoid unnecessary worrying.
 
Back
Top Bottom