• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

I'm Coming Out

At the end of my days, all I want to be able to say is that I have done more good than harm. This is just an aspect of my life that I felt a need to share. I am not ashamed of who I am, and I shouldn't be. So like everything else, it is what it is and the sun will go down tonite and come up tomorrow. I was just "having a moment" this morning and felt the need to share, and I am glad that I did. You guys (and gals) ROCK, and I thank you all for the kind words.
well "this" is a community, and viable communities accept their members for the differences outside of what brought us here in the first place.

we dont all hang out at shows or on sunny saturdays, but this is really no different from one of my car clubs Im in
 
Worked in the restaurant industry in the 70's, more gays than you can shake a stick at lol. Some of my best friends at those jobs were gay, I've never had a problem with someone's sexual preference. Hell, I like my partners to taste like the color purple so who am I to judge lol.
 

You all know me as the A-hole construction company guy with the PhD in hard sciences, and a fair amount of opinions/attitude. All of that is true. I just have to "come clean" for myself. I am gay, and my partner and I will celebrate 20 years in October. I know this is awkward--it is for me, but necessary (to me).

I don't know how this will be received, but I am who I am and love who I love.

Congrats!
30 years in November, 4 legal March 8.
20150308_111249.jpg
 
Last edited:

You all know me as the A-hole construction company guy with the PhD in hard sciences, and a fair amount of opinions/attitude. All of that is true. I just have to "come clean" for myself. I am gay, and my partner and I will celebrate 20 years in October. I know this is awkward--it is for me, but necessary (to me).

I don't know how this will be received, but I am who I am and love who I love.
Not a problem. I've always believed in live and let live. You don't try to force your lifestyle on me and condemn me for mine and I won't try to force mine on you or condemn you for yours.. Congratulations on your relationship. That's longer than many "straights" I've known.
 
At the end of my days, all I want to be able to say is that I have done more good than harm. This is just an aspect of my life that I felt a need to share. I am not ashamed of who I am, and I shouldn't be. So like everything else, it is what it is and the sun will go down tonite and come up tomorrow. I was just "having a moment" this morning and felt the need to share, and I am glad that I did. You guys (and gals) ROCK, and I thank you all for the kind words.
Well said Sir, and my hat's off to you.
 
Bravo to you and your partner! 20 YEARS IS A Big Deal!
Kudos to you both and may you have many many more!
Long life with love is fantastic!

Perhaps savatage has been encouraged a bit by the way you have proudly talked about your partnership in our forum for many years. Once again AK is showing that it is more than about gear and music.

I have a dream. I have a dream that one day coming outs are not necessary anymore...
 
I have a dream. I have a dream that one day coming outs are not necessary anymore...

Amen, brother. The times, they are a changin'. The 90's were a really rough patch with all of the funerals--that was when the AIDS epidemic really hit home, and I used to attend at least one or two per month. But by the grace of God, I was spared and don't have that hanging over my head.

Acceptance is the "new norm", and even in my industry (construction) it is a "non-issue". We are welcome in all of my guys homes and they are welcome in ours. No one runs and hides the children--they just hand them off to Maxx (my avatar)--wears out the kids and wears out the dog--and if you even think about harming one, you might lose an arm--he is very protective of his "little people". It's all good.

Again--thank you all for the kind words and support!!!
 
Perhaps savatage has been encouraged a bit by the way you have proudly talked about your partnership in our forum for many years. Once again AK is showing that it is more than about gear and music.
I have a dream. I have a dream that one day coming outs are not necessary anymore...

Yeah, Emma and I met Dec 7, 1996, became a couple April 1, '97, she moved here Thanksgiving 97,
and we legally married Mar 31, 2010 in DC (where I was born) ... So many good years!

2010-Wedding.png
 
I just read Chuck Panozzo’s book. It’s really sad how people think. Does your sexual preference really depict who you are as a person? I don’t think so. I’m straight, but I’ll defend any gay person against personal attack. Like was said above, it’ll be nice when no comings out are necessary. Open your eyes, not your mouths.

Congratulations to you and your partner on 20 years. If you have a party, I’ll be there!
 
Back
Top Bottom