• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

When AK members - friends - silently disappear

I am certainly not trying to intrude on anyone's privacy.
This whole thread (members silently disappear) is more wondering how a specific person might be doing, since we tend to be an aged population
and the likelihood of health or other issues intruding on our time with our friends here is very real!

Here in Fairfax I've been impacted by the death of our 100yo across-the-street neighbor of 25 years on New Year's Day,
a friend from church who finally succumbed to long-term Stage 4 Cancer in Oct, another church family dealing with heavy bouts of cancer & chemo,
and my own brother who is dealing with 2 kinds of stage 4 cancer (radiation and chemo treatments at Johns Hopkins in Baltimore), currently in recession.
Too much reality of the shortness of our time here on earth.
 
Yes, "last seen in...." (which ever thread) appears.

View attachment 3672170

Also, you can look at the member's recent activity. Personally, I don't see that as an invasion of privacy. If I am gone for a while, I would prefer that people can see where I was last. There is a good chance that if I was expecting to be absent for a while I probably mentioned it and other members can avoid unnecessary worrying.
I find not every member shows “last seen” info.
 
There had been some wssaipes who wouldn't let the man have some breathing space, I followed his posts. One day I think he had his fill and just went fishing so to speak. Seems that happened to several folks and always the same group of badgertators.

I took a small hiatus at one point because of two murdtunchers. It happens
 
There had been some wssaipes who wouldn't let the man have some breathing space, I followed his posts. One day I think he had his fill and just went fishing so to speak. Seems that happened to several folks and always the same group of badgertators.

I took a small hiatus at one point because of two murdtunchers. It happens
I laughed because your rant reminded me of the great Uncle Sandy, RIP.

But, I think I know some of the story, like bees always flying around his head and pestering. That angers me. I detest boorish behavior.
 
AK rules request you not discuss moderator actions in open forums.
Understood, ma'am. This seems a fine line, though, because in this instance, I think people are just wanting to know if the person is still with us, either on AK or this mortal coil. Hard to clarify if one cannot simply say, "They got the boot" and nothing more. Provocation vs a concise, simple answer.

Said with full respect to the rules.
 
Back
Top Bottom