• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Who loves burgers!

Around Sacramento/Davis, CA, Redrum Burger (formerly Murder Burger) was a place I'd stop before heading up to ski at Tahoe. Always good, filling and cheap.

Ray's Hell-Burger in Arlington, VA is supposed to be very good. I haven't been, but Obama took Russian President Dmitry Medvedev there the last time he was in town for a good, greasy fix. Spartanmanor - Have you been there?
 
Anyone here ever try BUBBA Burgers? Their surprisingly good and come frozen from the grocery store. You just place the frozen burger on the grill for about 10 minutes per side. Very convenient.

Of course they pale on comparison to Cactus Bob's Superstition Burgers. :sigh:


http://bubba-burger.com/
 
I get about a 1 lb and a half pack of hamburger. Make one big hamburger steak out of it. Season how I like it and throw it on the grill. When done I cut it 4 ways with the flipper and add the cheese. Then drop the quarters on toasted buns. Usually there is bacon waiting inside.
 
I'm a real burger lover also. Had the In and Out in Vegas. pretty good.
I live in Michigan and about 2 year ago ran across this place in Holland MI.
Best burgers ever! Check out the different toppings they have on them.
They are definitely worth the trip if you are passing thru the area.
Just click on the menu tab:

http://www.googspubandgrub.com/v1/about/
 
www.bobcatbite.com

This place is about 5 miles west of my house.
An early 50's roadhouse, in the original Route 66!!
Absolutely, outstanding burgers!
Especially, their Green Chili Cheeseburgers!!
In the summer tourist season, the wait can be up to an hour-and-a half for a table!!
'Course the place only seats 24 max., and doesn't take reservations either.
Outside of tourist season, on a weekday, you can usually get a table with only a minor wait.

I LUV this place!!

Steve
 
I like burgers too. But I will say one of the best burgers is at Wolfgang Puck's inside the MGM Grand Casino in Detroit. The burger itself is huge, then they top it with this balsamic vinegar and arugula mix, crispy pieces of thin onion slices, tomato and it is really, really tasty.

But a homemade burger on the grill, with thick cut bacon slices and all your favorite toppings is awesome, especially in the middle of winter when the grill is right outside the back door.
 
Bison burgers with cooked slice of red onion coated with S&P/white truffle oil, slice of swiss/ 2 slices of applewood smoked bacon on a focacia bread. Condiments to taste. Whole Foods grinds it fresh daily and I like it a little on the rare side. MMMMMMMMM
Doing this exact thing on the grill Saturday. I can't wait.

Urizen thanks for the website.
 
Sometimes I make some bacon burgers. My GF works for a large food company and gets pretty good deals on off-weight packages or overrun products. Not long ago I got 16 lbs of turkey bacon for $1 and don't care much for it cooked up like normal bacon (flavor OK, but too dry). However, chopped up in the good old Cuisinart and mixed about 1:2 with hamburger, it imparts a very nice bacon flavor through and through.
 
someone not too long ago,told me that In&out burger serves a lower carb burger, using lettuce instead of buns??
Might taste ok I guess.
 
There's a joint in Alexandria, MN called Jerry's Bar & Grill...3.2 beer bar w/one of the best burger's I've ever had...about the coldest beer I've ever drank, too. :)

I'm sure many Twin City AKer's have grappled with a Juicy Lucy at Matt's...or one of those great burgers out at the Lion's Tap.
 
Gaud this thread has me salivating, lol.

I make a pretty decent burger meself. The wife says they're better than any restaurants.

I usually use enough lean ground beef to make four patties. I add a couple tablespoons each of ketchup and barbecue sauce, one egg, a pinch of cumin, and about a quarter cup of cracker crumbs.

Cheers

Lar
 
Had a great mushroom and swiss burger yesterday, with a side of Tater Tots. Damn that was good. Wildridge Bar & Grill, Glenwood, MN.
 
If you're ever in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, check out DuMont Burger. One of the best I've ever had. They even make their own pickles.
 
I ate some Krystals yesterday.

I'm paying for it today. :(

This is a hamburger thread. Those ain't burgers.:no: Plus, I think you're supposed to be drunk out your mind to eat at Krystal. Could that be why you're "paying for it today?":scratch2:
 
This is a hamburger thread. Those ain't burgers.:no: Plus, I think you're supposed to be drunk out your mind to eat at Krystal. Could that be why you're "paying for it today?":scratch2:

Since I don't drink it has to be the ... what ever you call those things ...

Perhaps I need to start drinking.
 
You want Awesome Burgers and your ever in Rochester MN. You have to go to, "Newt's" voted in the top 10 burgers in Minnesota Monthly magazine every year. I don't need a magazine to tell me that though, I've consumed many, and they are damn tasty! The Fatty Patty is a personal fave. I believe it's a half pound burger sandwiched between 2 grilled cheese sandwiches, topped with little fried onion rings and a special sauce. If your a calorie counter, you best stay away! This place has been around since I think the 70's or early 80's. You have to climb stairs to get to it, and they have a nice bar.
 
Green chile

www.bobcatbite.com

This place is about 5 miles west of my house.
An early 50's roadhouse, in the original Route 66!!
Absolutely, outstanding burgers!
Especially, their Green Chili Cheeseburgers!!
In the summer tourist season, the wait can be up to an hour-and-a half for a table!!
'Course the place only seats 24 max., and doesn't take reservations either.
Outside of tourist season, on a weekday, you can usually get a table with only a minor wait.

I LUV this place!!

Steve

I don't know that place (yet), but I do know one thing for sure: no hamburger is complete without green chile!
 
Back
Top Bottom