• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Why "Flipper" is an F word here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMEN Brotha!

What I pay and what I sell it for is my business.. Dont be hatting because you missed out .. Its the American way ! Buy low sell high!

Do you get mad at your broker when he buys low and makes you a load of cash selling high..

NO ! I think not.. If you sleep well getting a $5 sx1980 from a old lady who knows nothing then its your bed you lay in.. Make your own morals and live to YOUR standards and leave the judgement for a higher force!

In the mean time enjoy what you own and quit wining about what you missed or could have had. IT wasnt your time to strike it! Karma comes in waves !

What are we supposed to get mad at the lottery winner who played one ticket and hit when you spent $100 trying ! This thread is a mute point ! close it and go listen to some tunes on YOUR system !

I didnt miss out on anything. I stand by what I said if it's an AKAI reel to reel or a Mcintosh 602 doesnt matter if I want the piece or not, nice try though.

1. if you hit the lottery, (meaning the actual lottery) thats is apples and oranges, not the same thing. horrible example. Again, we can learn alot about people in a thread like this. listen to the responses.

by the way the word is "moot".
 
maybe saying it this way will help.

If you buy a working piece of audio equipment for less money then someone would pay you for ones of the knob on it to replace one thats missing on theirs from someone you KNOW FULL WELL has no idea what the piece is actually worth, thats dishonest. If someone who knows what it is and knwingly gives you a good deal because they want to and there is no dishonesty from either party, then whatever you pay for it is fine.

I understand profits as I said in the beginning, there is a difference between making a profit, and ***** someone over. Just because you can frequently get away with it without detection, doesnt mean its ok. It could even be a piece I'd never want to own or hate, I am not angry that I missed out on anything, I've got morals. some of you on here don't.

if someone knows what they can get for it, and doesnt care that they are selling it for less than it could be sold for, THATS a deal. I bought one of my SP 15's from a guy who sold it to me for alot less than it sold for, he did it on the condition that I kept it, and I did and do, he knew exactly what he could get for it, but gave me a break because I really wanted it, and I have it. I'm glad there are people like that left in the world.
 
I think we all dream of the day when we walk into a second hand store etc. and there she is, a new in the box Pioneer Sx-1250. Never been opened, for 100.00. Would I say to the business owner, let's take a look real quick at the going price of these on ebay and then let's double that figure since this is a once in a lifetime find. I know I wouldn't do that. If the business owner is selling a NITB SX-1250 for 100.00 he has every opportunity to research the item prior to placing a price on it. That goes for pretty much everything out there for sale. I go to auctions every Thurs and Fri eve and carry my ipad and can very quickly research items as they come up. What we buy for and sell for, choose to keep and choose to sell is part of what makes this hobby enjoyable for me. However I won't sell an item if it has not been thoroughly gone through, cleaned up, and verified to be ready for someone else s enjoyment.
 
I didnt miss out on anything. I stand by what I said if it's an AKAI reel to reel or a Mcintosh 602 doesnt matter if I want the piece or not, nice try though.

1. if you hit the lottery, (meaning the actual lottery) thats is apples and oranges, not the same thing. horrible example. Again, we can learn alot about people in a thread like this. listen to the responses.

by the way the word is "moot".

Excuse the INTENTIONAL "MUTE" use ! You did not catch on to the purposed meaning.. Cranial inversion! BE a hater of flippers. its your choice .. bitch here and see how much it changes things.. :thmbsp:Greed and corruption rules our economic society.. If I want a piece of equipment I will find it at what I feel is a great deal.. do I care if I pay $5 times what the flipper paid.. No ! Its what I feel is a deal to me purchasing it!

now its a MOOT point ! :thmbsp:
 
Still kicking myself for hesitating on that one.



^^ Deserves repeating. This is all that matters.

yeah I couldnt believe the price I did a double take, but I have two sp 15's and in case the chip goes bad in it I have an SP 25, and a modified 1200 I bought from KAB so I slapped my own hand.

yeah it would have been frre had I sol all my other tables, but the SP15's I have a re very clean, so I let someone else have it. besides soon the second sp 15 will be set up for less than perfect records and the other one will be for near mint stuff, I got tired of rebalancing the arm for the 78rpm cart. you can play 78s and kinda rough records on one table, and tracj at 3 grams, with a mid fi cart, but my good carts are all 1.5 or less and its easier to plip a switch on the preamp. I have seen very pretty but very broken equipment so thats the other reason.
 
Last edited:
Flipper is an F-word because it starts with F!!
I figured it out!!
Do I get an ice cream for figuring out your coke fever dream?
 
maybe saying it this way will help.

If you buy a working piece of audio equipment for less money then someone would pay you for ones of the knob on it to replace one thats missing on theirs from someone you KNOW FULL WELL has no idea what the piece is actually worth, thats dishonest. If someone who knows what it is and knwingly gives you a good deal because they want to and there is no dishonesty from either party, then whatever you pay for it is fine.

I understand profits as I said in the beginning, there is a difference between making a profit, and ***** someone over. Just because you can frequently get away with it without detection, doesnt mean its ok. It could even be a piece I'd never want to own or hate, I am not angry that I missed out on anything, I've got morals. some of you on here don't.

if someone knows what they can get for it, and doesnt care that they are selling it for less than it could be sold for, THATS a deal. I bought one of my SP 15's from a guy who sold it to me for alot less than it sold for, he did it on the condition that I kept it, and I did and do, he knew exactly what he could get for it, but gave me a break because I really wanted it, and I have it. I'm glad there are people like that left in the world.

As I have said, there is no objective way to establish guidelines to address each and every circumstance nor are they going to be followed regardless.

All we can hope is that there are still many good & decent human beings out there who strive to play the game as fairly as possible, treat others the way they would want to be treated while living the American Dream through the Capitalist System.

And finally, Judge not; lest ye be judged. :)
 
Excuse the INTENTIONAL "MUTE" use ! You did not catch on to the purposed meaning.. Cranial inversion! BE a hater of flippers. its your choice .. bitch here and see how much it changes things.. :thmbsp:Greed and corruption rules our economic society.. If I want a piece of equipment I will find it at what I feel is a great deal.. do I care if I pay $5 times what the flipper paid.. No ! Its what I feel is a deal to me purchasing it!

now its a MOOT point ! :thmbsp:

I did say there was nothing wrong with flipping the equipment, its knowingly ripping someone off for said equipment you are gonna flip, big difference.
 
I did say there was nothing wrong with flipping the equipment, its knowingly ripping someone off for said equipment you are gonna flip, big difference.

If I have a $500.00 watch that I offer for $25.00,someone offers me $20.00 and I take it.
They didn't rip me off.I shortchanged myself by not doing my homework.

Ya know,I was in line at the scrap yard once.The guy in front of me had an old pedal car on top of the junk in his truck.
I got out and asked him if he would take $10.00 for it.
''Yep,that's way more than what I'll get from the yard for it you got a deal.''
I took it home and sold it on eBay for $125.00
You think I ripped him off ? ? . :scratch2:
Another 15 minutes and that pedal car would have been a dollars worth of scrap steel headed to China
Let me guess...something you wanted sold really cheap before you had a chance to offer a fair price for it.Then you saw it listed / sold for a profit.
It happens.If you are willing to pay the price,you'll find another one.
:smoke:

And finally, Judge not; lest ye be judged. :)

:thmbsp:
 
Last edited:
If I have a $500.00 watch that I offer for $25.00,someone offers me $20.00 and I take it.
They didn't rip me off.I shortchanged myself by not doing my homework.

Ya know,I was in line at the scrap yard once.The guy in front of me had an old pedal car on top of the junk in his truck.
I got out and asked him if he would take $10.00 for it.
''Yep,that's way more than what I'll get from the yard for it you got a deal.''
I took it home and sold it on eBay for $125.00
You think I ripped him off ? ? . :scratch2:
Another 15 minutes and that pedal car would have been a dollars worth of scrap steel headed to China
Let me guess...something you wanted sold really cheap before you had a chance to offer a fair price for it.Then you saw it listed / sold for a profit.
It happens.If you are willing to pay the price,you'll find another one.
:smoke:

Speaking of flippers :D :smoke: :banana:

Whats up brotherman?
 
Maybe use one of Peter Gabriel's....

:D

Kidding aside, I am simply trying to point out the futility of such an exercise for a multitude of reasons, in as respectful manner as possible.

Personally I dislike it when people point fingers at others, making value judgments - categorically - especially for a set circumstances that are unknown, widely varied... and/or hypothetical.

I really dislike statements to the effect, "I have morals, you don't."

I have read every single post in this thread and nowhere did I see anything said to warrant having anyone's character being impugned or questioned.
 
Friends and family after they found out I have flipped a few pieces are now bringing me all their old pieces for free just to get them out of their homes. If I manage to sell the piece I usually kick down a good percentage to them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom