• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Wild Early 70s Hard Rock

Some good examples of bands decades ahead of their time. Some of these, could be remixed, released today and sound current. Some not so much, for example stopping in the middle for an extended chorale segment would be very 60's, lol.
 
What did you think of this one Monsignor Mystic? From a description I read it sounds like the songs are just excuses for guitar solos. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

It's a recording I've had in my collection since the early 80s, one which I probably "loved" 35-odd years ago, but presently tolerate, for reasons of nostalgia as much as anything else, sparingly. The best thing about it is the (original N = 50? 100?) pressing's packaging, all of which is of that really cool "self-made" variety.

As older "rare collectibles" go, it's not on the same planet as, say, Bobb Trimble, Zerfas, Fraction, Perry Leopold, Underground Failure, or These Trails. As UK "Psych & Prog" go, it don' hold a candle to, say, Dr Strangely Strange or (UK) Kaleidiscope (their second LP in particular), but it's "okay" tohear once a year.
 
^^ P.S. regarding Dark, the collection of "lost sides" I gathered in circa 1985 is (far) superior to the collection of numbers on their (only) officially-released LP. No longer recall the label that released the "lost material" but (some of) the content is exceptional.

Unfortunately, as I never got round to making a rip of this vinyl artifact and since I no longer "run" a TT, it sits, I haven't heard it in years; and so it sits, along w/ thousands of other LPs for which I haven't digital versions, unplayed, in one of a hundred+ boxes, in storage, in SoCal.
 
^^ P.S. regarding Dark, the collection of "lost sides" I gathered in circa 1985 is (far) superior to the collection of numbers on their (only) officially-released LP. No longer recall the label that released the "lost material" but (some of) the content is exceptional.

Unfortunately, as I never got round to making a rip of this vinyl artifact and since I no longer "run" a TT, it sits, I haven't heard it in years; and so it sits, along w/ thousands of other LPs for which I haven't digital versions, unplayed, in one of a hundred+ boxes, in storage, in SoCal.

I consider Dark to be one of the best, period, from the UK underground scene. Heard the lp and outtakes comps hundreds of times and it always hits the spot.
 
Back
Top Bottom