• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Wild Early 70s Hard Rock

lately Ive had an insatiable appetite for wild 70s hard rock. I know there are more people out there who just can get enough of that no-holds-barred blistering crackling energy of bands like The Who and Blue Cheer.

While chasing the sonic dragon Ive come across a few lesser-known bands that really blew me away, I figured I'll share a few here and hope that AK users could point me in the direction of some other wild stuff.

Jerusalem - This band sounds WAY ahead of their time, incredibly heavy, just ordered the LP

Toad - Hard rock bordering on proto-metal from 1971

Crank - Super heavy riff in this song, maybe the heaviest Ive heard come from the 60s!

JPT Scare Band - Totally relentless guitar in this song, i was HOWLIN' when I first heard it!

Leaf Hound - Top-tier guitar tone right here

Nice grouping. My opinion, the Brit's keep rock afloat during the 70's; America was taking a nose dive (music wise). Like I mentioned, "my opinion" so agree or disagree I could care less.
 
Nice grouping. My opinion, the Brit's keep rock afloat during the 70's; America was taking a nose dive (music wise). Like I mentioned, "my opinion" so agree or disagree I could care less.

The Ramones, Television, New York Dolls, Blue Oyster Cult -- nosedives? Dare I bother including mention of Aerosmith and/or ZZ Top? Lynyrd Skynyrd? And then there are Mountain (later West, Bruce, & Lang), Johnny Winter, Edgar Winter, effin' Grand Funk... and a nod @ the direction of our friends @ The Great White North, how about The Guess Who? All these nosedivers as well?

How about the band Spirit, out of Ojai, CA?

re: Brits holding up Rock @ The Seventies, I'll cast a vote for this guy & group:

 
Last edited:
^^^off topic by a year.

Those dudes could play and sing. The drummer says they didn't succeed because they could find work. What a shame.
 
Back
Top Bottom