• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Worst food product ever?

I was just gonna sk if no one here had ever had a brain sandwich before. The brain sandwich was a crowd pleaser at Whimpy's in Washington, MO.

I will admit to me they are aweful. Like biting into a piece of fried hog fat but many love em.

I'll stick to sliced beef heart.:thmbsp:

A St. Louis tradition...never had one though. The other St. Louis tradition is a pork snout sandwich. I think they boil em and slice them into rounds. With the two nostril holes showing in each slice. :banana:
 
the label describes it as "Corn Truffel", more accurately would be corn smut or mold, still yet to try it
 

Attachments

  • canned_foods_009.jpg
    canned_foods_009.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 29
Pork Brains in Milk Gravy.....Is that even real? I think I'm gonna puke!

years back, i would say late 70's, my father used to raise pigs on the farm.
as soon the pig was killed ,we would take the kidneys and the brain, and make a delicious treat called farofa . i remenber opening up the pigs head...
 
Worst as in "unhealthy" or worst as in "nasty tasting" or worst as in " I don't want to know what it is"??

I'd do Mark's "Squirty Cheese" in a second over tofu, rice cakes, or raw oysters. And ham and "natural" sausage casings ain't exactly prime real estate either when you think about what you're chowing down.

PS. I'll bet there's a few here who'd eat the pork brains before Brussels Sprouts too... :D
 
BANG BANG vintageman's silver hammer rang down on the poor piggies head bang bang to make sure he was dead !!!!!!!(sorry Beatles)
 
I'm sure that if you think about any meat or where it came from, you probably wouldn't want to eat it, but "pork brains"????:yuck::puke2:..........Are you friggin kidding me?........I'd rather eat brocolli, and if you knew me that's saying something.:D
 
I'm sure that if you think about any meat or where it came from, you probably wouldn't want to eat it, but "pork brains"????:yuck::puke2:..........Are you friggin kidding me?........I'd rather eat brocolli, and if you knew me that's saying something.:D

Hmmmmmmm :scratch2:

Perhaps a poll is called for??
Which would you prefer to feast upon?
a) Pig brains
b) Rocky Mountain oysters (bull testicles)
 
There was also a real, genuine Kosher Delicatessen in Richmond called Boulevard Deli on Broad Street that served tongue sandwiches...That, w/Swiss, piled high on rye was some FINE eatin'... And yes, I've HEARD of Mountain Oysters all my life...They're sposed to be rather palatable sliced & fried, but I've never had the pleasure. One time, this HUGE turtle came crawling out of the river on our farm..One of the guys shot him, the tenant's family ate from that thing for several days...There's sposed to be 7 different "flavors" of meat in a turtle, but again, I've never had the pleasure..
 
I'd probably eat pork brain again before I'd go near head cheese, blood sausage or braunschweiger. I'd say braunschweiger is probably the worst, 50% pig fat and 50% pig liver. We called it cat food. Although seeing the eyelids and lashes in the head cheese or grinding the 5 gallon buckets of semi coagulated blood into the sausage are very close seconds.



Can ya tell I was a butcher for 6 years :)
 
Ooof.

With all the deep fried macaroni and cheese, deep fried cheese, deep fried bacon, and all that, is the next thing...

deep fried lard?
 

Attachments

  • braincan.jpg
    braincan.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 4
For kicks,I took a can of those pork brains on a camping trip to the
infield at Talladega Motor Speedway about 20 years ago. Nobody
not even the drunks would touch that stuff.
 
Back
Top Bottom