• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

X-101-B....Rarer than Hens teeth?? ANYONE got a MANUAL????

The KM-60 is finished now. The only thing the X-101-B needs is a new jewel, and a good bath. It got a spit bath when it got here, but she needs some heavy duty cleaning, as does the KM-60.

100_5078.JPG


100_5079.JPG

100_5080.JPG

100_5081.JPG
 
Larry

I also have an X 101 B. Mine is an early model, no headphone jack, older Fisher brown knobs, without brights. I scanned the original manual and will send you a digital copy if you'd like.

David
I would love a copy! I am running this amp with cornwalls, marantz model 6300 tt, and rotel rcd-955ax cd player. amazing!
 
Is the jewel the same size as other Fisher amplifiers (X-202B, 400CX2) or larger like the red one in the KX-200?
 
The only one I've seen in person with Jewels is Naptown Rob's X-202. And honestly I can't remember if the jewel holes are the same size or not, plus what size his 202's jewels were.
 
Very Nice VintageO. I'd do the recap sooner vs.later even if it is running well. What are you running for tubes??? You've got the Champagne colored front panel, while mine is the Bare aluminum colored front. My KM-60 would match yours.
 
Awesome thanks!
I will check tubes when I get home, very new to this, but already addicted to the warm powerful sound!
 
If you find one let us know. Owners manuals are literally rare as Hens teeth for most FISHER gear,
 
This thing is super clean! don't think it's ever been opened :)
Looks like mostly original fisher tubes, a couple different ones in there
 

Attachments

  • IMGP3730.JPG
    IMGP3730.JPG
    87.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMGP3732.JPG
    IMGP3732.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMGP3735.JPG
    IMGP3735.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMGP3736.JPG
    IMGP3736.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 45
Does anyone have a pic of how to connect 2 speakers correctly on the 101 b? I've never seen this configuration before, it's a little confusing. I don't want to hurt anything, and btw it hasnt been playing for days, going to be ordering caps soon..:)
 
The top ones are connected to the ground (com), and the lug that matches the impedance of your speakers. The bottom ones are a little more involved as there is a switch in the middle that switches the phase (polarity) of the speaker so you can match them without taking off and switching the leads. Working from the left, they are GROUND(for phono's etc), then COM, and the POS (+) lead for the speaker. There is a flying lead that comes out of the top and it connects to either the 4-8-16 ohm lugs, goes thru the phase switch and back to the POS Lug. Or if you know that your speakers are in phase internally, and your leads are marked + and -, you can bypass the POS lug, and just connect to the 4 or 8 or 16 ohm lug directly.
101-B speaker connections.jpg
 
Thanks a lot, mine is labIMGP3731.JPG 20160910_143632.jpg 20160910_143639.jpg eled differently that's why I was having trouble...
Think I just figured it out! IMP SEL = impedence selct! lol
 
Last edited:
Very Nice VintageO. I'd do the recap sooner vs.later even if it is running well. What are you running for tubes??? You've got the Champagne colored front panel, while mine is the Bare aluminum colored front. My KM-60 would match yours.
I have my sights on a km-60 too but it's aluminum face, maybe we should trade! Lol
 
Sorry for the late reply. If you got the KM-60 and if you want to swap face plates so they match colors, I've got no problem with that. PM ME with details.
 
Back
Top Bottom