• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha CR-1000 help needed

Slide switches need to be disassembled.
When you say disassembled you mean piece by piece? Litteraly? Or just remove them from the front plate and spray them in several directions from the front Gap?
Also, I have read here that the slide switches can easely bend and that it is very difficult to correct them.
 
I guarantee that your switches still look just as black as the one in my photo.
 
Good morning.
@avionic - I will try to clean the switches has you mentioned. Can only do this tonight. Will give you feedback as soon as it is done.
How did you opened the small clip that secures the metal part from the plastic? They seem very thick. Are they bendable or they tend to brake? Thanks
 
@avionic - Today I did the Mode switches. No luck. Still the same. Although, I did some more tests after and I checked that although the R channel is stronger, it has some distortion. The L is lower but cleaner.
I conneted it to a power amp through pre Out and the sound is defected as well. Exactly like using Yamaha as power. Witch, as you say excludes power amp boards.
Any Ideas ?
Should do the other switches? I attached some pictures. They were dirty, but not sure if enough to do all these problems.
IMG_20210203_185943.jpg IMG_20210203_185947.jpg IMG_20210203_191345_1.jpg IMG_20210203_191350.jpg IMG_20210203_210605.jpg IMG_20210203_211335.jpg
 
I conneted it to a power amp through pre Out and the sound is defected as well. Exactly like using Yamaha as power. Witch, as you say excludes power amp boards.
Any Idea
Well .. That is not very clear..

A. Used the CR1000 as a pre-amp ?
or....
B. Used the CR1000 as a power amplifier ?
 
Well .. That is not very clear..

A. Used the CR1000 as a pre-amp ?
or....
B. Used the CR1000 as a power amplifier ?
Sorry for late reply, but I live in a 6 hour different time zone.

I have used Yamaha as pre-amp and the results were the same.

Meanwile I have cleaned Tone switches and no improvements.
Any ideas from this point forward?
Thanks
 
OK. Tomorrow will try to do them all.
Will give some feedback.
@Yamaha5000 - Thanks for the link. No idea they were silver plated. I have passed some 1000 sandpaper. Hope didn't remove the silver.
 
Hi. I've done loudness, balance and function switches. Unfortunately there was no improvements at all.
At least I know for sure its not from there.
Anyway, can you point me some directions from here? If its not the power amps what could it be? Equalizer amp? Is there any Multimeter tests I can do to help track the problem?
Sorry for taking some of your time.
 
Hook an interconnect cable from Left pre-out to Right main - in as well as Right pre-out to left main-in -- Then flip the coupler swicth to the decouple position ( OFF )... Does the problem change channels ?
 
Back
Top Bottom