• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha CR-1020 Power Switch problem

kwatch

Active Member
Yamaha CR-1020 Power Switch is stuck and cannot be turned off. Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
 
Register to hide this ad
Check to see if your switch has another set of terminals that aren't being used. I seem to recall you could simply connect the output to the unused terminals and flip the switch upside down and everything works the same except the throw of the switch is slightly different. It apparently was a common problem.
 
Broken internal return spring. Find a parts unit or repair the spring or plug your 1020 into a switched power strip.
 
Broken internal return spring. Find a parts unit or repair the spring or plug your 1020 into a switched power strip.

I see someone is selling the CR-2020 switch but, it's too expensive. I believe CR-2020 and CR-1020 power on/off switches are interchangeable.
 
I'd have to compare P/N's. Chances are good though.
 
The power switch was fixed very oddly. While removing the switch from the chassis, I pushed the lever. After that, I was able to move the lever up and down slowly. I repeated the process of moving the lever up and down and it's working fine.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom