• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha MX-2000 $975 BIN. Why is this not in the hands of an AK'er?

Register to hide this ad
It's right up the road for me. The seller was a member here. I remember a thread he started about modifying a Yamaha B-2 amp. I wonder if the MX-2000 is stock or if he modified it as well. I'll send him a note and ask.
 
A grand for 130 wpc? seems kinda high for many AKers.

It is a great looking amp.
It is class A.
It has to sound good.
The tuner in that set is gorgeous
It is a thousand dollars. That might explain it.
 
A grand for 130 wpc? seems kinda high for many AKers.

It is a great looking amp.
It is class A.
It has to sound good.
The tuner in that set is gorgeous
It is a thousand dollars. That might explain it.

It is a great looking amp. :thmbsp:
It is class A. :thmbsp:
It has to sound good. :thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp:

The last two on e-bay (not very well presented) went for $1250 and $1450

:smoke:
 
I received a response from endeeinn

Yes I was the one who did the mods on the B2's but the MX-2000 is a pristine virgin. Despite the mods performed on a B2 it would sacrilegious for me to do anything to the MX-2000. As stated in the listing, the original owner cut half the base of each binding post so they would accept spades, without cutting the base they would only accept naked wire. The pictures show the result, only a cosmetic mod and only increases functionality. I do have an original Yamaha MX-2000 service (never used except to look at the circuit design) that I will give to the winner as well. With 4 B2s, retirement and downsizing, the MX-2000 has to go.

- endeeinn

I just can't justify buying another amp. I've got two yamaha b-2 that I want to get rebuilt by Echowars and a Parasound Halo A51. The MX-2000 is surely the best looking Yamaha amplifier I've seen and only a 30 minute drive for me but I really don't need another amp.
 
Well, I'm happy to say that it ended up with an AKer, namely me! This was my holy grail of amps (second only to my search for a MX-10000) and sure hope that FedEx is kind to it:worried:

So, now I need to find the best preamp match for it until I come across the CX-2000 someday. I have a Mcintosh C-30 preamp and an Accuphase E-202 (using the preamp section only of course) to mate it with. Any other suggestions of a good match for it would be welcome.

I've always thought that this was the best looking amp I've ever seen, and hope I don't lose any sleep waiting to see it firsthand.
 
I'm glad it's going to a good home and someone who will appreciate it. Congrats! I'm sure that endeeinn will pack it so that even FedEx won't damage it. You'll have to report back when it arrives.
 
Mx-2000

that70sguy your going to love the MX-2000 and the price was very good. I'm giving mine a rest right now and subbing a Yamaha PC-2002 in it's place in the second system. I was trying out a Forte 60 wpc class A amp in it's place but it just didn't seem to have the power of the MX-2000. As for looks they don't come much better, except for the MX-10000. I have a second MX-2000 for backup but neither one has ever blinked. This is one amp I'd leave alone, no modification, just to collectable and sounds terrific as is.
 
Well, I'm happy to say that it ended up with an AKer, namely me! This was my holy grail of amps (second only to my search for a MX-10000) and sure hope that FedEx is kind to it:worried:

So, now I need to find the best preamp match for it until I come across the CX-2000 someday. I have a Mcintosh C-30 preamp and an Accuphase E-202 (using the preamp section only of course) to mate it with. Any other suggestions of a good match for it would be welcome.

I've always thought that this was the best looking amp I've ever seen, and hope I don't lose any sleep waiting to see it firsthand.

Congrats!

I'm sure many of us here would appreciate a scan of that service manual... ;)

The MX-2000 is by far the best sounding amp I have in my meager collection.
 
Well, I'm happy to say that it ended up with an AKer, namely me! This was my holy grail of amps (second only to my search for a MX-10000) and sure hope that FedEx is kind to it:worried:

So, now I need to find the best preamp match for it until I come across the CX-2000 someday. I have a Mcintosh C-30 preamp and an Accuphase E-202 (using the preamp section only of course) to mate it with. Any other suggestions of a good match for it would be welcome.

I've always thought that this was the best looking amp I've ever seen, and hope I don't lose any sleep waiting to see it firsthand.
Congratulations on getting a great amp! CX-2000's appear to be rarer than MX-2000's. Good luck finding one.
 
So, now I need to find the best preamp match for it until I come across the CX-2000 someday. I have a Mcintosh C-30 preamp and an Accuphase E-202 (using the preamp section only of course) to mate it with. Any other suggestions of a good match for it would be welcome.
Ask and you shall receive. :D

Congratulations an your new awesome amp and I hope it arrives safely. :thmbsp:
 
Although certainly a requirement if you want matching styles, the CX-1000 and CX-2000 are identical twins internally.
 
Although certainly a requirement if you want matching styles, the CX-1000 and CX-2000 are identical twins internally.

Yes, that's definitely an option if that's the case (no pun intended). I'm seeing CX-1000s for less than half of the CX-2000, but really love the look of the 2000 series.
 
Wow, thanks for letting me know! I emailed the seller this morning and hope to hear back from him/her. This would be such good fortune if I can get my hands on this one! Hopefully, I can have this shipped from the Bay Area to Seattle.
Let us know if you hear anything, that ad is several days old.
 
Let us know if you hear anything, that ad is several day old.

The seller called me and is willing to ship it to me! He couldn't believe it took so long to sell - probably the economy has something to do with it. I'm pretty happy to find both the MX-2000 and CX-2000 in just a couple of days! I'll post pics once I get 'em.

Thanks for your offer to pick it up for me, Duff!
 
Back
Top Bottom