• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yo Terry (again)

jaymanaa

RIP 1961-2018
Hey Terry, you know what's good about this amp (first pic)? You haven't ever seen it before. I just borneded it the last couple weeks. That's number 1 on the test bench cranking out the hits.:music:


Well, ok the jumper wire fell off, but it was crankin out the hits. I keep forgetting the damn 15k 2 watt resistors when I'm in the city.:smoke:
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
FWIW, I hooked one of these up in UL Mode and one with ~310v on the screens instead. To me, the clear winner was NO UL connections.:no:
 
:thmbsp:farm out!

FWIW, I hooked one of these up in UL Mode and one with ~310v on the screens instead. To me, the clear winner was NO UL connections.:no:
Well it's got some good OP iron now:yes: - so you be th' doc on what runs best.Anything that sounds fine and stable on the Klipsch's is all right with me.Even thought about doin' up a pair of Great Plains duplex's.Still going with 6L6's?
 
Last edited:
Yep, they're singing in perfect harmony right now. Just odds and ends now. BTW, the blue LEDs are sweet. How's the wood??:scratch2:
 
Oh yeh, we need to get ahold of Nirky and order a quad of whatever he had in that HK? I'll try to PM him, those tubes sounded great. Some sort of Sovtek.
 
Wood and hardware is ready.I'd rather set them on the feet before boring the holes,but I had the original painted bottom pans fitted up with the feet and they looked fine.Wasn't sure if it would look better with the feet aligned a 1/4" closer to the front,or not.I think the old pan as a pattern is good.So all is OK.
 
What tubes? Let me know what you think for the first set.I think the pans can be bolted on,then I'll bring the wood and figure out where to bore the rest of the holes.I've got Forstner bits to hide the bolts "inside" the endcaps if.... Aw we'll get it!:yes:


Rex-I'll start on some pine transport boxes so's they can be at the 'fest.
 
Last edited:
Good googly moogly!
3.gif



Chicken haids!
 
Last edited:
Absolutely stunning.

I hope to see the wrestling match when Terry tries to take those home :D


Looks like you are in for a sweet treat there Terry.
 
:jawdrop: and BOTH in the same pic! Lotsa questions-what tubes to order,how does the first watt or two sound to ya,well, you know,normal stuff. Even without the wood they look mighty fine jay.:yes:
 
I ain't much of a picture taker, but here's a try.:D The first one is trying to show the uber cool blue LED power indicator.:smoke:
 
Last edited:
Man, those are looking sweet Jay! Those cap mounts are cool as hell. Never seen anything like that before :thmbsp:


Sure worth the wait Terry. Can't wait to hear how you like them with the Klipsch.


RC
 
FWIW, I hooked one of these up in UL Mode and one with ~310v on the screens instead. To me, the clear winner was NO UL connections.:no:

:scratch2: Seems no one really caught that! :no: But I sure as heck did! :yes:

Thats been my preference for yrs :music:

Great work on the amps jay :thmbsp:

SET12 :smoke:
 
Back
Top Bottom