• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yo Terry (again)

Why don't you come by Saturday as early as you can, and we'll dress these girls up for prom. Maybe you can help me take some pics, these are going in my ad when the shop opens in 10 years.:yes:
 
Can do:thmbsp: I'll have Sis at KCI and in the air before noon.I was going to make 6 ft power cords,but got to measuring ,and looks like 7 to 7 1/2' will work.Need a camera tripod? Gotta get some good pics of these:D
 
Can do:thmbsp: I'll have Sis at KCI and in the air before noon.I was going to make 6 ft power cords,but got to measuring ,and looks like 7 to 7 1/2' will work.Need a camera tripod? Gotta get some good pics of these:D

Cool, cool, yes, and yes.:yes:
 
Hey Terry, I'm curious, have you been keeping track of the money on these? Are we still under 1K by any chance?:scratch2:
 
:yes: pretty much- chrome bill,parts purchase,then TX purchase. If I sent about 225 for parts last fall,then we're up to around 825.
With wood,bottom pans,line cord parts,and original purchase of the tone cabinets these were in-right at 1050 even for me.
This without tubes.A ballpark guesstimate-220 for glass to "start".
I'm thinkin' 1270 total.:yes: not bad so far.
 
Last edited:
Not bad at all I'd say, considering we didn't "scrimp" anywhere. These should last several more lifetimes me thinks.
 
What output iron did you decide to use?

Dynaclone 470A. If you can imagine a stereo 70 with too big of a power supply Dave. That what it sounds like kinda.:D Everything is fast and effortless. I was surprised how good the harder rock sounded. I may have to try some of Ken's death metal (seriously), that's the real test of a circuit and iron. Ask Kegger.:D
 
Dynaclone A470S from Triode El. That put an extra bite into it that we didn't expect.:scratch2:..stuff happens! The originals just didn't cut it:tears:Just one of those things!

I DO lean towards the roadhouse rock and heavy blues stuff,so some rock ain't a bad test,jay!
 
Last edited:
I figured that might be the case, since they share the same footprint. It's too bad about the originals. I never noticed any issues in mine but mine were just stock complete with the zobels in the circuit that probably existed to correct some issues that were discovered in this project.
 
I figured that might be the case, since they share the same footprint. It's too bad about the originals. I never noticed any issues in mine but mine were just stock complete with the zobels in the circuit that probably existed to correct some issues that were discovered in this project.

Yep, I think a smarter guy could make those work, I just wasn't getting anywhere.:thumbsdn: I think Terry's gonna use them for guitfiddle amps.:yes:
 
Jay- I've got "Dark Side" on vinyl,this is the song(on CD) I used in th' club to check my system with every week.If it sounds really clean on yours -the amps are A-OK to me.
 
Last edited:
OK:banana: #4 ss hardware.... Our Fastenal store in Emporia,KS has lots of SS and chrome stuff.jay- I think you're low on ss#4 X 1"screws and washers! They list # 4 SS acorn nuts and machine screws.I'm going over to town shortly and see if I can pick'em up or order them.If I have to order them,what else? Any ss #10 stuff?

-They also list SS 3/4" X 36" all-thread for about 46 bucks for you all building a flexi-rack.
 
Was thinking about the Rusky tube you were thinking of Jay. Was it a 6P3S-E tube?

Apparently they are sweet sounding and can take a fair beating.

Have to be sure to get the -E version though I've heard.

Lar
 
No, I think they were some sort of Sovtek (in a large type bottle).:scratch2: I'll have to do some looking around. I should know them when I see them. They were outstanding in the HK.:music:
 
I don't know, but that pic of the blue led has a guy with a digital camera trapped inside the chassis!!! Better call the fire department, or a priest!
 
I figured that might be the case, since they share the same footprint. It's too bad about the originals. I never noticed any issues in mine but mine were just stock complete with the zobels in the circuit that probably existed to correct some issues that were discovered in this project.

I'd be interested to see how the original transformers would work in Micah's (Bricktop) Heath W4 modded setup... bet the plate-to-plate feedback might take care of some of the issues (both in lowering the plate impedance of the 6L6, and by reducing the level of global feedback needed)...

Regards,
Gordon.
 
Well, they left the Spa today.:tears: Here's a couple last shots with the wood attached.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom