• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Your favorite "little" receiver ever?

Wow...just ran across this thread.

The Realistic STA-52 in my bedroom has been going strong since I bought it from a buddy in '83. I'll keep it until it MELTS.
 
Reinforcing my earlier opinions:

Advent 300
Realistic STA-7
Aiwa S-50

...oh yeah, and the Realistic STA-65B.
 
Last edited:
My tube Stromberg-Carlson from 1960 --about 15 watts per channel --but what a sound!!
 
I just love this thread. (Sweet is Sweet!) Not running one of my small receivers right now but....small killer speaks (ADS L300 C's) are rotated in....same thing and Jimmy is sounding great. Good sound has all kinds of flavors!
 
Concept 2.5 with Boston A70. A very nice combination.

I need to get some re-foaming done on some A70's and A150's.....never have even heard these and they keep cropping up as a killer speak for so many low watt to mid watt receivers! (Cy....if your looking,I'll be calling you bro!)
 
Are there any true guidelines as to where one class starts and another begins? (Is it just opinions?) If that hasn't been defined.....this hobby is still in it's infancy.
 
Are there any true guidelines as to where one class starts and another begins? (Is it just opinions?) If that hasn't been defined.....this hobby is still in it's infancy.

people have been into hifi since what, the 40's? its hardly in its infancy.
 
Sansui 210 and/or Marantz 2010.
Both low power and sweet as a nut.
Wish I'd kept 'um!

I have both - re-caped them both. Built a nice solid mahogany cabinet for the 2010. One in the office, the other in the family room. We (my family) enjoy listening to them every day. These are the perfect vintage receivers for me. Compact, low cost, great "vintage" look, and really great sound. :thmbsp:
 
Are there any true guidelines as to where one class starts and another begins? (Is it just opinions?) If that hasn't been defined.....this hobby is still in it's infancy.

The OP asked for favorite "little" receivers. There can't be hard class boundaries on "little." Wherever you put the boundary is arbitrary, with there being no discernible difference between units just on either side of it. And a hobby with hard dogma defining arbitrary boundaries is in its hidebound old age. I'm for perpetual infancy compared to that.
 
I've got a Sansui 210 that I too think sounds wonderful, but I'd love to have a Marantz 2010 to compare it to. Like, I used to have a Sansui 2000X and a Marantz 2030, but I sold the 2000X. even though its tuner section worked better....

And that STA 7 or 700 + Minimus 7 combo sounds very intriguing....
 
Last edited:
Sansui 800

For the past six months or so, I've been listening to a Sansui 800 through my KLH Model 5s with great enjoyment.
 
Realistic STA-450. 14 watts per channel

IMG_3065.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom