• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Your Latest Additions (LP)......

I haven't bought any vinyl in a long time, however I am going through my collection due to a move and I am finding all sorts of cool stuff I forgot about. I can't remember any off hand, but it is cool stuff. I'll try and redig through my stuff tomorrow and post some pics. I honestly had forgotten how cool my collection was. :D
 
One of the land down under's greatest exports, so it was probably worth it. After all, Angus Young probably has only so many floor-spins left...

you can check it out for yourself, on you tube......AC DC Auckland concert.....Never seen anything like it :D

Daza.
 
I'm new to this "analog" thing, but I'm feeling pretty good so far. :D

I went to 2 goodwills, a value village, and a used book store, and picked out these ones. Based on my luck, I'm excited to go to the last goodwill in the area and another 2 thrifts nearby, and to keep going back.



23r3i9k.jpg



ELO - A New World Record

Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense
Atlanta Rhythm Section - A Rock and Roll Alternative (picked solely because it was the only one in VV that looked like rock. I have been pleasantly surprised)
The Cars - The Cars (twice! one's in better condition than the other... will sell the worse one to said used book store)
The Knack - Get The Knack (if only just for My Sharona..)
Steppenwolf - Monster (great album, sadly it's rather scratched up and hard to listen to, so I might sell it)
The Police - Synchronicity (I was really excited to find this one, too bad it's also got quite a bit of distortion from past mistracking. Might have to sell it or bear the sound.)
 
No buys today but getting very eager to make some purchases, but must remain strong fight the urge....struggling....can feel the need for some new vinyl....you know what I mean :yes:

daza.
 
Went to this great record store when I visited a buddy of mine. If anyone lives in or visits Richmond, VA be sure to stop by Deep Groove.

Antonio Carlos Jobim - Stone Flower
Art Blakey - Moanin'
Ornette Coleman - The Shape of Jazz to Come
Hank Mobley - Soul Station
Eric Dolphy - Out to Lunch
Duke Ellington - The OKeh Collection
Pee Wee Russell - Ask Me Now
 
your latest additions (lp)

ijust picked up chinese democracy double lp. sound awesome. first seven songs are solid country gold. also the last song. you gotta listen to it a few times first then you're like well now thats pretty damn good. my two. vegaman
 
I may need to check out Chinese Democracy.

We need to turn this thread into a sticky, moderators!

Today's thrift finds:

Host of Gordon Lightfoot in nice shape:
-Cold On the Shoulder
-The First Time I Saw Your Face
-Sundown
-If I Could Read Your Mind

Also:
Donald Fagen - The Nightfly
Weather Report - S/T
James Taylor - Sweet Baby James
Billy Joel - An Innocent Man
Men at Work - Cargo
The Broadcasters - 13 Ghosts (a bit obscure!)

Not too shabby, especially considering there was some competition today. Two other folks interested in LPs arrived at the same time. We all got something good, fortunately.
 
Ture, though this is specifically for LPs.

I have to agree with you, SBEEZ, I too think it should become a sticky, It can always be added to, right? :yes:

Daza. and by the way good scores again:thmbsp: (I maybe buying sketches of Spain shortly).
 
Yesterday's Sally purchases (in part).

p2260328.jpg


SLUMBERTIME
The Three Suns

RCA Victor deep grove

Guitar, Hammond B3, and an accordion. Still had the cellophane slip cover. Mint disc and kick-ass cover (for 1956) with a gal wearing a see-through negligee and reading a Bible.


----

p2260329.jpg


THE VERSATILE HENRY MANCINI
Henry Mancini and His Orchestra
with Laurindo Almeida, guitar
Dominic Frontiere, accordion

Liberty

VG+ disc, peculiar arrangements. Early Mancini (very Italian-American).
 
Last edited:
I'm new to this "analog" thing, but I'm feeling pretty good so far. :D

I went to 2 goodwills, a value village, and a used book store, and picked out these ones. Based on my luck, I'm excited to go to the last goodwill in the area and another 2 thrifts nearby, and to keep going back.



23r3i9k.jpg



ELO - A New World Record

Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense
Atlanta Rhythm Section - A Rock and Roll Alternative (picked solely because it was the only one in VV that looked like rock. I have been pleasantly surprised)
The Cars - The Cars (twice! one's in better condition than the other... will sell the worse one to said used book store)
The Knack - Get The Knack (if only just for My Sharona..)
Steppenwolf - Monster (great album, sadly it's rather scratched up and hard to listen to, so I might sell it)
The Police - Synchronicity (I was really excited to find this one, too bad it's also got quite a bit of distortion from past mistracking. Might have to sell it or bear the sound.)

Keep an eye peeled for the video of the concert the Talking Heads LP is from...you'll dig it for sure.
 
Today's pick:
Reverand Billy C. Wirtz- Deep Fried And Sanctified
BLUE NILE, The- Hats
BASIE, Count- Count Basie
:D
 
Nice scores today:
Gerry Mulligan - Jeru,2 eye mono still sealed
Ahmad Jamal - Live At The Pershing, But Not For Me
The Ahmad Jamal Trio - Self-titled
Sonny Terry With Johnny Winter,&Willie Dixon - Whoopin'
Jeff Beck - Blow By Blow,Dutch pressing
The Jeff Beck Group - Self-titled....
 
Passed through Linclon RI. today, couple picks.

WEBBER, Andrew Lloyd- Requiem
WINSTON, George- Winter Into Spring
JACKSON, Joe- Body And Soul
Franklin Mint- The Great Romantic Melodies- 2LP
 
Just received Liquid Tension Experiment and Them Crooked Vultures, which is a bit repetitious in spots, but mostly fine. SQ not bad either. LTE sounds great, and came with a green colored record and a red one.
 
Back
Top Bottom