• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Z19 Crossover

No. The L-pads are external. Do you see them on that board?.

I would not use the original inductors. Z19 uses higher-quality components throughout. :yes:


[Special thanks to Wiredbecker for preparing these scans to post.... :thmbsp: ]

Well, the reason I asked about the lpads is because it looks in the diagram as though there are three leads going out to the high lpad but on a picture of an original crossover I only see two leads coming into either lpad.... :scratch2:
 
The circuits are different, which is why there IS a Z19. All three terminals are present on the L-pads of my original M19 crossovers, but only two are used on each.

Get a CLUE, man; I just gave away the frggin' STORE here.... :tongue:
 
The circuits are different, which is why there IS a Z19. All three terminals are present on the L-pads of my original M19 crossovers, but only two are used on each.

Get a CLUE, man; I just gave away the frggin' STORE here.... :p

Well, you know what they say. You can lead a horse to water.... :D

Seriously though, thanks alot Zilch I am going to build a set of these for my Altecs.
 
Thanks very much Zilch! I am going to attempt this. At $185 or so this is less than one used xo.
I hate to bother, but is it possible to see a pic of the other side of the board on the 1st page? I'd like to see the layout from the other side as I'm a complete beginner at this.
Is the board in cm or inches?
 
Thanks very much Zilch! I am going to attempt this. At $185 or so this is less than one used xo.
I hate to bother, but is it possible to see a pic of the other side of the board on the 1st page? I'd like to see the layout from the other side as I'm a complete beginner at this.
Is the board in cm or inches?

See page 4 for the layout with wiring diagram. :thmbsp:
 
Thanks very much Zilch! I am going to attempt this. At $185 or so this is less than one used xo.
I hate to bother, but is it possible to see a pic of the other side of the board on the 1st page? I'd like to see the layout from the other side as I'm a complete beginner at this.

Is the board in cm or inches?
It says right on the drawing it's inches.

Y'all work further details out out here in this thread amongst yourselves, if you like. I'm done with it, for now.... :yes:
 
Last edited:
See page 4 for the layout with wiring diagram. :thmbsp:

I need that also. I just like to see how neat and tidy both sides look.:D
And I thought it may be in inches, but I was raised on cm. And 17 inches long seems pretty big but it is what it is.
 
I need that also. I just like to see how neat and tidy both sides look.:D
And I thought it may be in inches, but I was raised on cm. And 17 inches long seems pretty big but it is what it is.
It's SEVEN inches by six not 17, damnit!

DONE, DONE, DONE!!!!
 
Can this network be configured to be bi-ampable?
DC
Yes, that's the reason I developed it in the first place -- a couple of LHF members wanted to biamp Model 19, so I dug in and sussed out the network in Spice. That's all posted in full exposition over there, what it does, and how it does that, largely ignored for four years:

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbulle...-gone-wrong...&p=128826&viewfull=1#post128826

The dotted lines bridge the two pair of inputs of N3134 together for single-amping; same deal with Z19. Look again at my proto -- there's actually separate LF and HF inputs.... :yes:
 
Last edited:
Would this replace or be a upgrade from the standard ewave xover.I understand tweaking will be nesc. for woof. but will the top work with the Selenium 220ti ?Looking for a winter project....
Thanks
 
This is not an E-Wave crossover substitute. It is suitable for use in some premium and uber-premium EconoWave designs by those who understand it, and as a developmental tool for those defining new ones.

It's primary use is in upgrading vintage Altec 2-ways....
 
attachment.php


I know I'm new to reading this but does the parts list on page 1 refer to this schematic?
I've gone through it a few times now. Some parts are correct, but some are not here.
 
attachment.php


I know I'm new to reading this but does the parts list on page 1 refer to this schematic?
I've gone through it a few times now. Some parts are correct, but some are not here.
That's not a schematic, rather, a board layout.

The selection of available parts is slightly different for the Solen vs. Dayton builds, but the basic layouts are quite similar. A Solen-specific parts list could easily be prepared from that image.

Again, don't be expecting me to compile that. Y'all work it out and post it here. I have done my part well in excess of what any rational person might reasonably expect, and am all but done with it, now....
 
Last edited:
That's not a schematic, rather, a board layout.

The selection of available parts is slightly different for the Solen vs. Dayton builds, but the basic layouts are quite similar. A Solen-specific parts list could easily be prepared from that image.

Again, don't be expecting me to compile that. Y'all work it out and post it here. I have done my part well in excess of what any rational person might reasonably expect, and am all but done with it, now....

Yes, I don't expect you to compile a parts list. I'm going to use the layout to compile a solens part list. I was just wondering why there were 5 caps in the list one page one and 7 caps on the layout and the 21uF was missing. I've never used 2 caps to make one value before so I have some reading to do regardless.
When I compile my list from your layout I may post it here for others to critique or perhaps correct before I order.
I have been thinking that I could use this Z19 on the outside of the cabs since mine have holes from the P/O bi-amping. Might be a neat, but not factory look.
Thanks a lot Zilch. I know there are many many hours behind this.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom