Anyone tried the Iron Lung Jellyfish?

Poultrygeist

Lunatic Member
A well regarded hospital grade power cord and very inexpensive when purchased from Quail Electronics.

690198-iron_lung_jelly_fish_power_cords.jpg

I think you're cable-curious Paul. Why not invest $30 on some used interconnects for the link between your tube-pre and 3116?
You can easily sell it again for the same money.

David, I haven't "heard" them but love the name and price.

Are you sure you don't "own" them already?:D Don't be ashamed, there's lots of us cable guys out here.

I think you're cable-curious Paul. Why not invest $30 on some used interconnects for the link between your tube-pre and 3116?
You can easily sell it again for the same money.

Cable-curious:lmao: You have coined a new phrase David....priceless.

I can't explain why, how power cables affect the sound and dynamics but, to my ear, they most certainly do. I have had Shunyata (really good but expensive), MIT (very, very expensive and like I pulled a shroud over my speakers)....a couple of more in between. I finally purchased Wyred 4 Sound AC cables, reasonably priced and very, very neutral, quiet and dynamic.

Cable-curious:lmao: You have coined a new phrase David....priceless.

And I bet a huge number of AKers here are actually cable-curious. They just tell themselves no and come up with excuses.

As I said, however, it's only $30 second-hand, and you can re-sell it for the pretty much the same price if you didn't care for it.

As for power cables, you Americans are so much better placed than us Aussies...so many choices there.

I wonder how the Iron Lungs would fair in a death match with the Anaconda which threatens to consume the MW in this picture. The BJ's and White Lightnings seem unconcerned.

P6030030.jpg

And I bet a huge number of AKers here are actually cable-curious. They just tell themselves no and come up with excuses.

As I said, however, it's only $30 second-hand, and you can re-sell it for the pretty much the same price if you didn't care for it.

As for power cables, you Americans are so much better placed than us Aussies...so many choices there.

I do have more expensive cables like these Zu Oxyfuels which are very stiff and can be bent in any position and still hold their shape. These work great for Bottlehead top mounted RCA's as they can be arched above the hot tubes.

109312-2_pair_of_zu_audio_oxyfuel_rca_cables_in_mint_condition.jpg

Quail Electronics only sells the Iron Lungs in bulk. Perfect for a group buy if anyone wants to initiate one.

A couple years ago when I was PC shopping I looked at the Jellyfish. I'm pretty sure I found a source that sells them individually. Darned if I can remember where. :scratch2:

I wound up buying one from Emotiva and had another one custom built by Cullen Cable. Both were reasonably priced and well built. Can I hear a difference? I'm not certain but I told my wife I could.

cubdog

Back
Top Bottom