Found a Massive Scott Art Deco Tube Console

artdecoradio

I purchased this gigantic Scott 1930s console from an estate. It uses 23 tubes with a "Westerly" cabinet. It also has the optional dual tweeters in addition to the large main speaker. It has some very exotic wood with metal inlay and metal grille bars. The top opens so that you can see the upper chassis. It weighs a tremendous amount! I thought that you all would enjoy seeing some pictures of it. Truly a set from the "Golden Age" of radio!

Attachments

• scott.jpg
    scott.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 322
  • scott1.jpg
    scott1.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 273
  • scott2.jpg
    scott2.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 478
  • scott4.jpg
    scott4.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 368
I haven't plugged it in since it is unrestored and all original with original capacitors, etc. (I don't want to damage any of the components). I'm not sure I'm going to restore it or not since I would like to keep it all original (and, in addition, a restoration of a radio like this is a really major and complex job). So, for now, I'm going to leave it as-is.

I have a friend whose father collected EH Scott radios; I think he has five of them.
Those were very expensive in their days, 10s of thousands of dollars in today's money.

That's the coolest cabinet I've seen so far. Nice find!

The radio also came with the original instruction manual and other interesting paperwork including a Christmas greeting letter to the original owner signed by E.H. Scott. - see the attached pictures.

Attachments

• scottlit2.jpg
    scottlit2.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 131
  • scottlit5.jpg
    scottlit5.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 118
  • scottlit6.jpg
    scottlit6.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 136
Back
Top Bottom