• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

marantz + 1060

  1. E

    Current System

    Current system. at lp 120 marantz 1060/2010 marantz eq-10 klipsch rp-600m
  2. U

    Marantz 1060 Ground Loop Noise

    A Marantz 1060 that I purchased second hand has what I understand is a ground loop noise when RCA input is connected to a computer/cd player. It's worse with the computer and you can hear the computer 'processing things'. the noise disappears when the inputs are disconnected. I've done a lot...
  3. dialsweep

    Hello from Biloxi, thanks for all the help!

    Hi all, I recently recapped and restored my dad's Marantz 1060 receiver and 105B tuner with lots of help from audiokarma.org as a lurker. It's my main system, and puts out almost 50 watts per channel (before clipping) after the recap (stock is a conservative 30 watts). These were my first...
  4. M

    Lost oomph after recap Marantz 1060

    Hey, I've just had a Marantz 1060 recapped, obviously I expect a slight sound change when that's done, but I don't think I was ready for just how much bass I seem to have lost. An old hiss is now gone, and the mid and highs seem a lot clearer, but I've also lost the tight punch and low end...
  5. Old Guy8

    1060, feet mounting screw thread? Identify.

    Back from tech and installed in new wood cabinet. I Need longer screws for feet under new 1060 cabinet. They appear to be close to #8-32. But bind up within a few threads, when mated with an #8-32 nut. SAE or metric or ? I can scour the hardware store. But wondered if someone can help narrow it...
  6. BiloxiMatt

    Marantz 1060 right channel warm up issue

    Hello all, I have a 1974 Marantz 1060 that I recapped a few years ago. One nearly constant behavior is that the right channel is scratchy and muffled (especially in the lower frequencies) until a few minutes (up to 10?) have passed. This happens for speakers and headphones. There is often a...
  7. J

    Value of restored Marantz 1060

    I’m curious about thoughts on what I could realistically ask for in selling a restored Marantz 1060, with original box, packaging and manual/schematics. The restoration was a full electrolytic recap and replacement of known problematic transistors (about 24), followed by bias and clip setting...
  8. J

    Restoring Marantz 1060 received as a gift

    A very generous relative was cleaning out a closet and offered me an ‘old Marantz amp’ that had some audio issues. I just paid for shipping. It came with the original box, manual and schematics. But one channel (left) would not have sound at all until after a good 20 min warm up. Then it sounded...
  9. R

    Power Amp for 4 ELAC DBR-62 Speakers

    I am using a Marantz 1060 as a preamp and a Niles 2100 (2 channel) power amplifier to power 2 Elac DBR-62 speakers (100w 8 ohms). I'm adding 2 more Elac speakers and running them into my kitchen which is adjacent to the den where the Marantz/Niles are located. The Niles 2 channel power amp will...
Back
Top Bottom