• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

thorens td 160

  1. ajcoates

    Polishing Thorens bushings

    Hey all - I purchased a TD-160 last week from an acquaintance for a high-side-of-fair price. I was disappointed to find that, while the unit was untouched from a mechanical standpoint and very clean, the bearing well was completely dry. Unsurprisingly, the bronze bushings were a bit worn and...
  2. E

    Thanks AK First Purchase in the books NAD 3150

    Thanks to Audio Karma and member @TedNeu He sold me this lovely NAD 3150! and packed and shipped it with care and precision. It arrived in pristine shape, and today I also drove a total of 5 hours to demo and pickup this Thorens TD-160 and man, this is an awesome combo. The TT is awesome and the...
  3. Beeb

    Can anyone tell me fair amounts for the following four tables? VPI HW 19 Jr Systemdek IIX Thorens TD 160 Funk Firm LSD (details in message)

    Hi, I'm interested in the following four tables and trying to establish what they should cost. (Just to be clear, I'm mainly wondering about the VPI and Thorens, though also interested in the others if you know pricing.) The tables are: VPI HW 19 Jr Thorens TD 160 (with a Sound Smith Otello...
  4. R

    Thorens TD-160 Motor replacement- "HELP"

    Good evening AK members, I am in the process of getting an Old Thorens TD-160 up and running, I've had it for many years, and I finally have the time to devote to bringing it back to life, however the first thing I noticed was the motor spindle was wobbly, so I would like to replace it. I need...
  5. CanadianPeng

    Thorens TD-160 Tonearm Vibration?

    Hey all About a month ago I purchased a Thorens TD-160 from a very reputable seller on Canuck Audio Mart, at first I thought there may have been a slight motor knock but it wasn’t anything too serious Now the knocking is a little bit worse but I’m now noticing that my tonearm/cartridge is...
  6. edwinh

    Thorens TD 160 won't bounce

    I've just replaced the springs on my TD 160 and I cannot get a bounce. I've tried all kinds of combinations of tightening and loosening the springs as well as twisting them. The springs seem to be a bit heavier than the originals. I might put the rusty originals back in there and see what...
  7. A

    Cartridge for Thorens TD 160?

    Hello, I've inherited a Thorens TD 160 from my father. It needs a new cartridge. I looked on here and some of the suggestions for this particular turn table are just well beyond my price range (tbh I was kinda floored when I looked them up and they were $600). Is there something good someone...
  8. R

    VTA/SRA for Stanton 681eee with Jico Shibata D 681EEE-S stylus on Thorens TD-160 /TP-16 tone arm

    Hi, I just got a new Jico Shibata stylus for my Stanton 681eee cart mounted on a Thorens TD-160 TP-16 tonearm. I'm trying to set up a good VTA, but not sure I got it perfect. I'm hearing some sibilance, and sound is a tad bit too bright. Attaching pictures of the angles when on a thick record...
  9. edwinh

    Cartridge options for a Thorens TD-160

    I have the above turntable with the stock arm. Right now it has a Grado Silver cartridge on it which works reasonably well (no hum, which is nice), but it's a bit old, probably about 12-14 years. I'm assuming the stylus assembly doesn't last forever, so I'm thinking about either getting a Gold...
  10. edwinh

    Thorens TD 160 dust cover hinge help needed

    I have a fairly beat up TD 160 that works well, but is cosmetically challenged. When I got it, the dust cover was cracked around the hinge. The hinges were screws with washers. Pretty lame. I finally got some of those metal pieces that fit over the original plastic to provide a more solid hinge...
  11. p.robustini

    Thorens TD160: New belt - wobbling start

    Hi guys! I need help or opinion on this one. I just bought a Thorens-branded new belt for my TD160 off eBay in Germany. It was about time I replaced the belt after 5 years... But woth the new one installed, when the turntable starts rotating, it wobbles strongly a few seconds, then goes on...
  12. cschaub

    Stupid turntable idea?

    I just got a Furman 15i power conditioner, the thing is a tank!! It must weigh 20lbs! It is also the perfect size to sit under my Thorens TD-160. Is it bad to do this, set the turntable on it? It provides a very level and heavy base. Picture below. It seems to make the bass a lottle fuller, plus...
  13. cmcguire

    Help me decide! I'm in a Thorens induced state of confusion.

    Hi friends, I've recently found myself in a bit of a predicament and I'd really appreciate some spiritual audio guidance. Because of limited financial constraints there can only be one: Thorens TD 160 in very good condition for $350 or a Thornens TD 135 mkii in questionable nick but functional...
  14. TimeRepublik

    Thorens TD 160 vs. Pioneer PL-61

    Hello everyone, I have to get rid of one of my turntables. Between a Thorens TD 160 and a Pioneer PL 61 which one would you keep? Any thoughts? Thanks!!! PS: I just bought a Thorens TD 124 MkI, no room for all of those.
Back
Top Bottom