• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2017 Sansui Serial Number Database

@cnyel1967, got it, thanks! The collection is growing.

@PE9ZZ, when you have a correction like this G-3000/G-301, please keep it separate from the new serial numbers. The correction doesn't need to go through the whole process. I can just pull up the serial number and make the change. If it goes through the process, it falls out at the very end of the process as a "Paste Error" because it conflicts with an existing serial number. For a correction all I need is the serial number and what needs to be corrected. I also have the SNs you posted today 3/31. As always, thanks for posting.

@Monicker1, Thanks for posting.

I'm going to start processing this month's batch now.

- Pete
 
Here are the February stats: 505 serial numbers posted which boiled down to 484 when the 21 duplicates were removed. When processed we added 445 new serial numbers to the database.

These serial numbers fell out of the process and I couldn't fix them:
D-2102,436096996,kleinanzeigen No D model, should be either B or C
RZ-7900AV,513100461,kleinanzeigen Model not in database, Can't find an example on line to verify model

Thanks to all that posted this month.

- Pete
 
Here are the February stats: 505 serial numbers posted which boiled down to 484 when the 21 duplicates were removed. When processed we added 445 new serial numbers to the database.

These serial numbers fell out of the process and I couldn't fix them:
D-2102,436096996,kleinanzeigen No D model, should be either B or C
RZ-7900AV,513100461,kleinanzeigen Model not in database, Can't find an example on line to verify model

Thanks to all that posted this month.

- Pete
That's a pity. Both I added and both offers are already gone from kleinanzeigen. I was pretty excited about RZ-7900AV as it wasn't even in the database, but I can't prove it with a pic anymore.
=> so please trash them both.
 
@LBPete: maybe this is a useless number as well, but I found one SM-34 number, with unfortunately one digit not visible. I know you are hunting the pre-1965 numbers, so this may help nevertheless.

SM-34,SK12_2,kleinanzeigen,, second last digit not visible


sm-34.jpg
 
That's a pity. Both I added and both offers are already gone from kleinanzeigen. I was pretty excited about RZ-7900AV as it wasn't even in the database, but I can't prove it with a pic anymore.
=> so please trash them both.
Do you remember if the "D"-2102 was an amp or preamp? B=amp C=preamp. D was used for cassette decks but I don't see any examples of a D-2102.

I'll take the SK1202 with your note because these early serial numbers are so rare.

Pete
 
Do you remember if the "D"-2102 was an amp or preamp? B=amp C=preamp. D was used for cassette decks but I don't see any examples of a D-2102.
Nope, I don't remember if it was a B2102 or C2102. Probably sold a combo and one of them had the number visible in the pics. But I can't remember anymore, stupid me :whip:
 
kw14 harvest, calm month:

5050,026071590,kleinanzeigen
8080DB,827100453,kleinanzeigen
551,024071236,kleinanzeigen
7900Z,810090492,kleinanzeigen
AU-G90X,436044209,kleinanzeigen
AU-11000A,217050243,kleinanzeigen
AU-417,229061465,kleinanzeigen
AU-X701,608037423,kleinanzeigen
AU-X417R,23903002441,kleinanzeigen
AU-X201,507110310,kleinanzeigen,,third last digit "3" hardly readable
CD-270,214092096,kleinanzeigen
D-X111HX,311070399,kleinanzeigen
FR-D25,470120811,kleinanzeigen
QRX-5500,234100985,kleinanzeigen
RG-710,574103630,kleinanzeigen
RZ-3500,21803012406,kleinanzeigen
SP-3500,92054886,kleinanzeigen
SR-222 MKV,327031382,kleinanzeigen
TU-X1,219070119,kleinanzeigen
TU-X317,613017840,kleinanzeigen
TU-9500,214080578,kleinanzeigen
 
My harvest for last week (KW14):
A-9,870111628,catawiki.com
T-9,871010964,catawiki.com
RS-7,801030223,catawiki.com
AU-666,831010071,catawiki.com
AU-6900,217040127,catawiki.com
AU-D22,573080541,catawiki.com
TU-S55X,673122743,catawiki.com
G-301,829030245,catawiki.com
S-X500,526121351,catawiki.com
TU-505,813110852,catawiki.com
TU-5900,816040617,catawiki.com
A-40,430081681,marktplaats.nl
AU-317,838050133,marktplaats.nl
AU-417,219042071,marktplaats.nl
CD-E570,618051198,marktplaats.nl
D-350M,251031259,marktplaats.nl
P-1000,527075891,marktplaats.nl
T-60,840051703,marktplaats.nl
TU-217,847100169,marktplaats.nl
TU-666,222030165,marktplaats.nl
TU-S55X,614057358,marktplaats.nl
XR-Q7,332050171,marktplaats.nl
TU-S5,831031978,marktplaats.nl
 
And an erratum:
A-40,430081680 should be the one above (typo):
A-40_T-60.jpg

It was submitted last week.
 
Nope, I don't remember if it was a B2102 or C2102. Probably sold a combo and one of them had the number visible in the pics. But I can't remember anymore, stupid me :whip:
Thanks for looking.

AU-101,832072212,DadsSansui
210,012110580,DadsSansui
The AU-101 was built on production line 83 in July 1972 it was the 2,212th unit off that line that month
The 210 was built on line 01 in November 1972. It was the 580th unit off that line that month.
Thanks for posting

AU-517,228030232,jmjrcv
A-707,432063202,jmjrcv
Your AU 517 was built on production line 22 in March '78. It was the 232rd unit off that line that month.
The A-707 was built on line 43 in June '82. It was the 3,202rd unit off that line that month.
Thanks for posting
G-33k,238120083,Allhartfidelity,amp
G-33k,238120022,Allhartfidelity, preamp
Always great to have additional serial numbers for these awesome receivers. The Tuner is already in the database but we don't have the amp. Both of these serial number are in the known production range so not much impact on the overall estimate of production quantities.
Thanks for posting.

- Pete
 
Thanks for looking.


The AU-101 was built on production line 83 in July 1972 it was the 2,212th unit off that line that month
The 210 was built on line 01 in November 1972. It was the 580th unit off that line that month.
Thanks for posting


Your AU 517 was built on production line 22 in March '78. It was the 232rd unit off that line that month.
The A-707 was built on line 43 in June '82. It was the 3,202rd unit off that line that month.
Thanks for posting

Always great to have additional serial numbers for these awesome receivers. The Tuner is already in the database but we don't have the amp. Both of these serial number are in the known production range so not much impact on the overall estimate of production quantities.
Thanks for posting.

- Pete
Thank you. I was looking though the pdf after i posted and noticed the serial for the tuner in there. That means, my tuner section may not have originally been married to the amp.
Given i used my user name when i logged it into the system, but no user names are on the data sheet, does rhat mean i can go back through this thread, find the entry, and see the user that originally posted my tuner?
2 reasons. 1 to make sure they entered the correct number. 2. Speak with them on history of my tuner if they previously owned it. Like, if they had a different amp etc. This make sense?
 
Last one for @LBPete: the RZ-7900AV appeared again, though I see it was already made in China already, not Japan anymore...

RZ-7900AV,513100461,kleinanzeigen

rz-7900av_1.jpg
rz-7900av_2.jpg
 
Thank you. I was looking though the pdf after i posted and noticed the serial for the tuner in there. That means, my tuner section may not have originally been married to the amp.
Given i used my user name when i logged it into the system, but no user names are on the data sheet, does rhat mean i can go back through this thread, find the entry, and see the user that originally posted my tuner?
2 reasons. 1 to make sure they entered the correct number. 2. Speak with them on history of my tuner if they previously owned it. Like, if they had a different amp etc. This make sense?
Sansui never "married" the amps and tuners. They were produced and boxed separately. Which two were sold together was just the two that were picked up, completely random. Generally they are close in production data but not always. Because of the cost, they were slow sellers and the units sat in warehouses a long time. Amps and Tuners do come up for sale separately so they can be mated together from different owners. Yours were both built in December '78 so it's likely they were originally sold together.

How long have you had it? The tuner serial number in the database was from an eBay auction that was reported last June. We have seen documented cases of duplicate serial numbers with the G22k/G33k series.

@peterott the T-tag symbol is always on the ID plate. The photo you posted, the plate has been removed to expose the voltage selector. I looked at the linked website and it has a photo with the ID plate. I don't see a T-tag.

Good to see an actual photo of the RZ-7900AV. It's a Sansui unit made in the ROC, Republic of China, AKA Taiwan. Looks like it was built in 1993, so it predates the sale of the Sansui name so it's good for the database. I've added the model to the master model table.

- Pete
 
Hi Pete

This one, an AU-3900 already in our database on page 202 has a question mark following the number.
Here is a photo of the serial number and model, meaning you can delete the question mark.

AU3900 836080223.PNG

Cheers
Ian
 
Back
Top Bottom