• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2017 Sansui Serial Number Database

My harvest for WK15:
A-80,860021822,catawiki.com
AU-555A,581112585,catawiki.com
S-X900,608091680,catawiki.com
SE-2000,541050499,catawiki.com
T-80,529121979,catawiki.com
1000X,022101155,marktplaats.nl
300,020010168,marktplaats.nl
AU-101,222041412,marktplaats.nl
AU-217,037110838,marktplaats.nl
AU-217,517092254,marktplaats.nl
AU-317,218110129,marktplaats.nl
AU-3900,026040838,marktplaats.nl
AU-555A,831050572,marktplaats.nl
AU-555A,581101361,marktplaats.nl
CD-X617,225098006279,marktplaats.nl
D-77F,852072624,marktplaats.nl
D-90,230091082,marktplaats.nl
D-X111,629112273,marktplaats.nl
RZ-3500II,2242001362,marktplaats.nl
T-1000L,510050405,marktplaats.nl
TU-919,210010067,marktplaats.nl,dup B-2302 Vintage
TU-S9,813030215,marktplaats.nl
TU-X317iL,608056966,marktplaats.nl

I came across another duplicate for the same serial:
TU-919.jpg

I already reported this exact same serial for an AU-317ii:
AU-317ii.jpg

Duplicates aside, I just shattered the 5k mark! I now submitted unique 5019 serialz to the database. Whooo!
 
Hi Pete

This one, an AU-3900 already in our database on page 202 has a question mark following the number.
Here is a photo of the serial number and model, meaning you can delete the question mark.

View attachment 3478254

Cheers
Ian
Great information but it raises a question. The one in the database was entered in 2005. Could this be the same one?

My harvest for WK15:
A-80,860021822,catawiki.com
AU-555A,581112585,catawiki.com
S-X900,608091680,catawiki.com
SE-2000,541050499,catawiki.com
T-80,529121979,catawiki.com
1000X,022101155,marktplaats.nl
300,020010168,marktplaats.nl
AU-101,222041412,marktplaats.nl
AU-217,037110838,marktplaats.nl
AU-217,517092254,marktplaats.nl
AU-317,218110129,marktplaats.nl
AU-3900,026040838,marktplaats.nl
AU-555A,831050572,marktplaats.nl
AU-555A,581101361,marktplaats.nl
CD-X617,225098006279,marktplaats.nl
D-77F,852072624,marktplaats.nl
D-90,230091082,marktplaats.nl
D-X111,629112273,marktplaats.nl
RZ-3500II,2242001362,marktplaats.nl
T-1000L,510050405,marktplaats.nl
TU-919,210010067,marktplaats.nl,dup B-2302 Vintage
TU-S9,813030215,marktplaats.nl
TU-X317iL,608056966,marktplaats.nl

I came across another duplicate for the same serial:
View attachment 3479204

I already reported this exact same serial for an AU-317ii:
View attachment 3479205

Duplicates aside, I just shattered the 5k mark! I now submitted unique 5019 serialz to the database. Whooo!

Wow, those images indicate that we have three units with the same serial number. There is a B-2302 Vintage with that serial number already in the database. This is a legitimate "decade duplicate" built on the same production line 10 years after the first one.

The TU-919 and AU-317ii were built on the same line the same month. During January 1980 line 21 was building TU-X1s, TU-919s and AU- 317iis so duplicate SNs are possible.

I do not have the AU-317ii in the database. Since the Master SN table is set up to reject duplicates, I record decade duplicates in a separate, "decade duplicate table." If it was previously reported it should be in that table but it's not. When did you post it?

Congratulations, 5,000 serial number is quite an accomplishment. Although it's very impressive, you need a few more to catch up with @Peter lye. :biggrin:

- Pete
 
I do not have the AU-317ii in the database. Since the Master SN table is set up to reject duplicates, I record decade duplicates in a separate, "decade duplicate table." If it was previously reported it should be in that table but it's not. When did you post it?
The AU-317ii was harvested from allegro.pl and submitted on 27 August 2024. As for Peter, who knows? I still have some allegro serialz to go through...
 
Great information but it raises a question. The one in the database was entered in 2005. Could this be the same one?
2005 was a long time ago. I found this AU-3900 on Ebay. It is possible the current owner is getting around to selling it after 20 years. I imagine there are no notes in the db concerning the question mark. Yet clearly the serial number is plain enough to read.

EDIT 1 I am looking at the db for January 21 2009, and there is no "?" on the entry. Is this an example of a shared serial number?

EDIT 2 Yes, It is a shared number with a TU-9900 which was entered by member markkb on Apr 27 2019 post 858. (Page 43 of this thread.) Presumably his personal collection. This is probably when the "?" was posted on the AU-3900. But as we have seen, duplications of serial numbers is not impossible.
 
Last edited:
Sansui never "married" the amps and tuners. They were produced and boxed separately. Which two were sold together was just the two that were picked up, completely random. Generally they are close in production data but not always. Because of the cost, they were slow sellers and the units sat in warehouses a long time. Amps and Tuners do come up for sale separately so they can be mated together from different owners. Yours were both built in December '78 so it's likely they were originally sold together.

How long have you had it? The tuner serial number in the database was from an eBay auction that was reported last June. We have seen documented cases of duplicate serial numbers with the G22k/G33k series.

@peterott the T-tag symbol is always on the ID plate. The photo you posted, the plate has been removed to expose the voltage selector. I looked at the linked website and it has a photo with the ID plate. I don't see a T-tag.

Good to see an actual photo of the RZ-7900AV. It's a Sansui unit made in the ROC, Republic of China, AKA Taiwan. Looks like it was built in 1993, so it predates the sale of the Sansui name so it's good for the database. I've added the model to the master model table.

- Pete
Thank you for the reply. I bought my pair a few weeks ago now. The guy i got it from said he had it (the pair) a long time. Unsure if that statement was 100% accurate.
Given the pair that sold Jan this year on ebay for 7,399 maybe i paid too much lol.
Thank you for the response, and the work you do here. I have many variety Sansui so will work to get some numbers up.
Charles
 
Boring kw15. Found a duplicate of a speaker vs. an entry in the PDF-file (entry 2021 from @Peter lye )
There is also a GX-200 on offer, but the serial number is unreadable...that was a real pity of the week...

551,024071236,kleinanzeigen
661,024023024,kleinanzeigen
AU-G33X,607025968,kleinanzeigen
CD-X217,214632002842,kleinanzeigen
CD-200,50103237,kleinanzeigen
D-X111,619116171,kleinanzeigen
EIGHT,222021000,kleinanzeigen
FR-4060,323110399,kleinanzeigen
P-L50,312110995,kleinanzeigen
QR-1500,821110684,kleinanzeigen
RG-700,645102356,kleinanzeigen
RZ-1500,12003002779,kleinanzeigen
RZ-1500,510111149,kleinanzeigen
QRX-5500,234100985,kleinanzeigen
S-520U,271067,kleinanzeigen
SC-3330,259070917,kleinanzeigen
SP-7100,97100142,kleinanzeigen,,duplicate to a SP-6100 in the file
SP-4500A,603407,kleinanzeigen
TU-9900,848070295,kleinanzeigen
 
Finally. Took me half a year to harvest 2020H2 of allegro.pl:
1000X,010111048,archiwum.allegro.pl
300L,249090092,archiwum.allegro.pl
7070,217011407,archiwum.allegro.pl
8080DB,827061203,archiwum.allegro.pl
990DB,827120325,archiwum.allegro.pl
A-1200P,436105653,archiwum.allegro.pl
A-40,609090860,archiwum.allegro.pl
A-5,860121419,archiwum.allegro.pl
A-7,441042077,archiwum.allegro.pl
Artech CP-2890,628075706,archiwum.allegro.pl
Artech MA-5790,608080310,archiwum.allegro.pl
Artech PT-3890,608085188,archiwum.allegro.pl
AU-217,837110485,archiwum.allegro.pl
AU-2200,834101053,archiwum.allegro.pl
AU-317,838060144,archiwum.allegro.pl
AU-505,834070642,archiwum.allegro.pl
AU-555A,831090677,archiwum.allegro.pl
AU-9500,215020271,archiwum.allegro.pl
AU-9900,236060648,archiwum.allegro.pl
AU-alpha 607NRA II,609043616,archiwum.allegro.pl
AU-D607G Extra,813030792,archiwum.allegro.pl
AU-G11X,575073626,archiwum.allegro.pl
AU-G11X,575030240,archiwum.allegro.pl
AU-G33X,637036755,archiwum.allegro.pl
AU-X111,311023492,archiwum.allegro.pl
AU-X111,600043587,archiwum.allegro.pl
AU-X501,438080380,archiwum.allegro.pl
AU-555,589110342,archiwum.allegro.pl
TU-555,119100878,archiwum.allegro.pl
B-2101,606065040,archiwum.allegro.pl
BA-3000,236020229,archiwum.allegro.pl
CD-170,523104826,archiwum.allegro.pl
CD-V550R,65101235,archiwum.allegro.pl
CD-X105,549120324,archiwum.allegro.pl
CD-X111,03701000923,archiwum.allegro.pl
CD-X301i,608068871,archiwum.allegro.pl
CD-X301i,438091517,archiwum.allegro.pl
CD-X311,539091287,archiwum.allegro.pl
CD-X501i,318020723,archiwum.allegro.pl
CD-X501i,608032946,archiwum.allegro.pl
CD-X510M,618095160,archiwum.allegro.pl
D-570,832070102,archiwum.allegro.pl
D-590W,240420000350,archiwum.allegro.pl
D-790WR,224277001493,archiwum.allegro.pl
D-90,750072497,archiwum.allegro.pl
D-90,239102345,archiwum.allegro.pl
D-95M,231120286,archiwum.allegro.pl
D-95M,481075307,archiwum.allegro.pl
T-5,871020004,archiwum.allegro.pl
D-X301i,428102105,archiwum.allegro.pl,local duplicate
D-X311WR,850081264,archiwum.allegro.pl
D-X701,617097368,archiwum.allegro.pl
ECA-3,220110170,archiwum.allegro.pl
FR-D3,409070632,archiwum.allegro.pl
FR-D3,310100237,archiwum.allegro.pl
FR-Q5,320032200,archiwum.allegro.pl
G-401,858080945,archiwum.allegro.pl
G-7000,038030060,archiwum.allegro.pl
G-8000,818031088,archiwum.allegro.pl
G-8700DB,819060462,archiwum.allegro.pl
G-9000DB,818090064,archiwum.allegro.pl
P-50,460081105,archiwum.allegro.pl
P-D11,514080338,archiwum.allegro.pl
P-D15,926021356,archiwum.allegro.pl
P-M77,323081703,archiwum.allegro.pl
R-30,850102313,archiwum.allegro.pl
R-30,870060771,archiwum.allegro.pl
R-70,870020997,archiwum.allegro.pl
R-70,870070393,archiwum.allegro.pl
RA-700,238080462,archiwum.allegro.pl
RG-700,636054411,archiwum.allegro.pl
RZ-1000,508100053,archiwum.allegro.pl
RZ-1000,519080204,archiwum.allegro.pl
RZ-1000,508100375,archiwum.allegro.pl
RZ-1000,508101924,archiwum.allegro.pl
RZ-1000,519091709,archiwum.allegro.pl
RZ-1500,510090331,archiwum.allegro.pl
RZ-1500,510091146,archiwum.allegro.pl
RZ-1900,240800535,archiwum.allegro.pl
RZ-3000,508090963,archiwum.allegro.pl,local duplicate
RZ-3000,508090803,archiwum.allegro.pl
RZ-3500,13103007972,archiwum.allegro.pl
RZ-3500,13703008445,archiwum.allegro.pl
S-X700,507071683,archiwum.allegro.pl
S-X900,628061074,archiwum.allegro.pl
SC-1110,248083781,archiwum.allegro.pl
SC-1110,248084261,archiwum.allegro.pl
SC-1110,248084607,archiwum.allegro.pl
SC-5100,458030864,archiwum.allegro.pl
SE-300,526042780,archiwum.allegro.pl
SE-7,910080336,archiwum.allegro.pl
SE-8,443056089,archiwum.allegro.pl
SE-9,831121253,archiwum.allegro.pl
SR-222,326110126,archiwum.allegro.pl
SR-222mkv,315071674,archiwum.allegro.pl
SR-333,318062422,archiwum.allegro.pl
T-5,861102106,archiwum.allegro.pl
T-60,849095960,archiwum.allegro.pl
T-60,849112685,archiwum.allegro.pl
T-60L,840010161,archiwum.allegro.pl
T-7,861022869,archiwum.allegro.pl
TA-300,039032900,archiwum.allegro.pl
TA-500,039010428,archiwum.allegro.pl
TU-217,848041463,archiwum.allegro.pl
TU-217,028071463,archiwum.allegro.pl
TU-217,028091424,archiwum.allegro.pl
TU-317,028090081,archiwum.allegro.pl
TU-3900,846110216,archiwum.allegro.pl
TU-505,233021600,archiwum.allegro.pl
TU-717,847100754,archiwum.allegro.pl
TU-717,847070981,archiwum.allegro.pl
TU-919,219080548,archiwum.allegro.pl
TU-999,232010159,archiwum.allegro.pl
TU-S33L,633100320,archiwum.allegro.pl
TU-S7,812070099,archiwum.allegro.pl
TU-S7,431080039,archiwum.allegro.pl
TU-X310,907-10817,archiwum.allegro.pl
TU-X501,607123100,archiwum.allegro.pl
TU-X501,607109018,archiwum.allegro.pl
TU-X701,637065937,archiwum.allegro.pl
Z-9000X,823080122,archiwum.allegro.pl

The serialz marked "local duplicate" did not get a hit in the database but are in my local spreadsheet.

Now only left to do is 2021...
 
Last edited:
And an erratum:
SR-Q5,320032200,archiwum.allegro.pl in the database should be FR-Q5. This was another local duplicate...
 
Small Goodwill auction site (shopgoodwill) harvest:
5050,816100160,shopgoodwill
6060,037050917,shopgoodwill
1000X,010120678,shopgoodwill
8010,824110292,shopgoodwill
R-5,851080887,shopgoodwill
5000a,220052363,shopgoodwill
RZ-9500AV,600086801,shopgoodwill
T-700,527010275,shopgoodwill

2 of the Sansui's had 9 digit serials beginning with 0. Here they are:
5000,0218127160,shopgoodwill,220v unit red tag
P-2000,0903163987,shopgoodwill,turntable 120v

The 5000's 9 digit serial:
1744687006296.png

The Sansui P-2000's serial:
1744687177216.png

The Sansui RZ-9500AV's serial:
1744687355757.png

Also attached is the Sansui 1000X's serial
 

Attachments

  • 1744687059066.png
    1744687059066.png
    463.9 KB · Views: 1
My harvest for WK16:
2000X,812041485,catawiki.com
A-1000,530060332,catawiki.com
A-E770,619123653,catawiki.com
AU-2200,835101398,catawiki.com
AU-X417R,24303004455,catawiki.com
D-X111,609118161,catawiki.com
D-X301i,600088774,catawiki.com
331,016075231,marktplaats.nl
A-1000,539080498,marktplaats.nl
A-80,879092654,marktplaats.nl
AU-505,833080662,marktplaats.nl
TU-505,813110796,marktplaats.nl
B-2101,614115861,marktplaats.nl
C-2101,645015772,marktplaats.nl
P-M7,422121833,marktplaats.nl
R-30,830023806,marktplaats.nl
SC-1110,248040753,marktplaats.nl
TU-3900,835120491,marktplaats.nl
 
2005 was a long time ago. I found this AU-3900 on Ebay. It is possible the current owner is getting around to selling it after 20 years. I imagine there are no notes in the db concerning the question mark. Yet clearly the serial number is plain enough to read.

EDIT 1 I am looking at the db for January 21 2009, and there is no "?" on the entry. Is this an example of a shared serial number?

EDIT 2 Yes, It is a shared number with a TU-9900 which was entered by member markkb on Apr 27 2019 post 858. (Page 43 of this thread.) Presumably his personal collection. This is probably when the "?" was posted on the AU-3900. But as we have seen, duplication of serial numbers is not impossible.
Digging into it a little deeper, the AU-3900 and TU-9900 were both built on line 83 in August 1976. Line 83 was very busy that month. It was building TU-9900s, TU-7900s, TU-5900s, AU-4900s, AU-3900s, AU-2900s. Wow, that is the most varied production I've come across. With that much switchover during production, an inadvertent duplicate is definitely possible. I'll keep them both in the database.

The AU-317ii was harvested from allegro.pl and submitted on 27 August 2024. As for Peter, who knows? I still have some allegro serialz to go through...
I must have set the AU-317ii aside while processing that month's SNs and forgot it. Both the TU-919 and the AU-317ii were built on line 21 in January 1980. Line 21 was building TU-X1s, TU-919s, AU-317iis and AU-519s that month. It fits the pattern for an inadvertent duplicate. I'll put them both in.

SR-Q5,320032200,archiwum.allegro.pl is not in the database and I don't see it in this month's posts. When was it posted? It may have fallen out due to the wrong model.

@RZ1, when Sansui made the transition from 8 digit SNs to 9 digit SNs they added the leading 0 to the single digit production lines. The turntable is a much later production unit with a non-standard SN. As always, thanks for posting.

@Skywatcher, @StirFriedFrp, and @DanSLMan thanks for posting. Every serial number counts!

- Pete
 
SR-Q5,archiwum.allegro.pl is not in the database and I don't see it in this month's posts. When was it posted? It may have fallen out due to the wrong model.
It was posted on or after 27 August 2024. Being the wrong model would explain it not being in the database. It was in my own spreadsheet but I did not check the database, the lazy bastard I am...
 
Nothing lazy about you. I found it in the August '24 batch. It fell out because it didn't match an existing model and I couldn't find an example of a SR-Q5 on line. I should have kicked it back to you but I may not have posted a recap that month. Now that's lazy. :rolleyes:

I've added it to the April batch.

- Pete
 
The conflict between the AU-317ii, the TU-919 and the B-2302 Vintage has created a new complication in the database. The tables that hold the serial numbers are set up to reject duplicate serial numbers. This "Primary Key" is very important feature in a database to prevent chaos when manipulating the data. Some time ago I created a table called Decade Duplicates when we started seeing serial numbers repeat a decade later as a result of the single digit used to designate the year of manufacture. Then we started finding "inadvertent" duplicates where units built on the same line in the same month had the same serial numbers, I simply put them in the Decade Duplicate table. When creating the monthly report the Decade Duplicate table gets linked into the Master DB table with a "Union Query" and the report contains the content of both tables.

Now we have confirmed three units with the same serial number. With my very limited knowledge of Access, the only way I see to maintain the Primary Key in the tables is to create a third table I'm calling "Inadvertent Duplicates." Now I have to modify the Union Query to join three tables to create the monthly report. It's not a huge problem but it is pushing the limits of my sadly lacking Access skills.

Ultimately, it will clean up the database a little by segregating the types of duplicates into separate tables so they can be tracked and counted. We also see what might be called "invalid" duplicates when there is no confirmation of the serial numbers and they don't match known production lines for the two units. Those are handled as errors.

/end rant/

- Pete
 
kw16 harvest:

771,013120552,kleinanzeigen
771,014030820,kleinanzeigen
771,815081415,kleinanzeigen
AU-317,238102364,kleinanzeigen
AU-317,228030211,kleinanzeigen
AU-417,229061465,kleinanzeigen
AU-517,227101713,kleinanzeigen
AU-9500,213120180,kleinanzeigen
AU-X501,607060100,kleinanzeigen
CD-X701i,608048470,ebay.de
QA-7000,833090643,kleinanzeigen
QRX-5500,234100985,kleinanzeigen
RA-500,210120253,kleinanzeigen
R-50,859080621,kleinanzeigen
RZ-1000,519070930,kleinanzeigen
SE-7,580120499,kleinanzeigen
SC-3000,595090800,kleinanzeigen
SR-222 MKV,357080174,kleinanzeigen
SS-20,64071,kleinanzeigen
TU-417,849011130,kleinanzeigen
TU-9500,225070156,kleinanzeigen
 
Back
Top Bottom