• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2017 Sansui Serial Number Database

My harvest for WK38:
210,022090064,catawiki.com
AU-217ii,830070837,catawiki.com
TU-217,848100239,catawiki.com
AU-alpha 607,437013524,catawiki.com,JDM,T-tag
SE-500,655119437,catawiki.com
TA-1000L,204198009873,catawiki.com
310,822030421,marktplaats.nl
441,014090690,marktplaats.nl
AU-2200,216040409,marktplaats.nl
AU-2200,216040097,marktplaats.nl
AU-317,837111272,marktplaats.nl
AU-3900,026010381,marktplaats.nl
TU-3900,026081520,marktplaats.nl
AU-9500,213090828,marktplaats.nl
AU-D33,574020139,marktplaats.nl
B-3000,507060312,marktplaats.nl
B-77,430110672,marktplaats.nl
B-77,860050410,marktplaats.nl
B-77,860060561,marktplaats.nl
CD-270,213060412,marktplaats.nl
CD-E770,849123057,marktplaats.nl
D-1000W,610097976,marktplaats.nl
DA-P550,605056015,marktplaats.nl
G-E770,409100439,marktplaats.nl
SC-1110,248043141,marktplaats.nl
P-D11,344061521,marktplaats.nl
QRX-3000,823071300,marktplaats.nl
R-303,822120910,marktplaats.nl
SC-2110,598021523,marktplaats.nl
SE-8X,474050366,marktplaats.nl
SE-9,831102322,marktplaats.nl
T-E770L,629104744,marktplaats.nl
T-M700L,625070196,marktplaats.nl
TU-S55X,673122733,marktplaats.nl

Came across another duplicate (TU-217/TU-9900):
TU-217.jpg

Could be another true duplicate as they both have many serialz in that range.
 
On a different note, I'm thinking of creating a Sansui Model Report that will list all 1600+ models on file. It's not that hard to do but I'm afraid it might open a can of worms with disagreement over models and model names. What do you guys think?
I'd be more interested in the raw data. I can then analyze my socks off... Having said that, a Model Report might be helpful into reporting serials. For instance, I always struggle with the "alpha" model numbers and mark such-and-such additions so an authorative list would be nice to have. Right now I just use the Serial Number Report as that is already open when I do the processing of my harvested images. And I consider it authorative.
 
AU-D9,821100258,cnyel1967
Got it, thanks!

@PE9ZZ, Line 84 was very busy in October '78. We have 51 units on file built on that line that month. Not only was it busy, it was building multiple models. Here's a sample around the serial number in question. It really illustrates how flexible these production lines were. I'm going to record the TU-217 as a true duplicate.


Model Serial Production Date Entry Date Notes T-tag
TU-9900 848100215 October, 1978 2/29/2024
TU-9900 848100229 October, 1978 7/31/2025
AU-207 848100230 October, 1978 4/30/2021
AU-207 848100234 October, 1978 8/25/2022 T-tag
TU-9900 848100239 October, 1978 1/31/2025
TU-9900 848100241 October, 1978 3/31/2025
AU-117 848100292 October, 1978 11/30/2022
AU-207 848100301 October, 1978 8/25/2022 T-tag
TU-9900 848100303 October, 1978 7/31/2023
TU-217 848100309 October, 1978 5/31/2025
TU-217 848100325 October, 1978 1/31/2025

Also, you are not the only one struggling with the "alpha" models. Sansui wasn't consistent with naming them and there have been many discussions on what to call some models. It will take a bit of effort to create a model name Report but once created it updates automatically and it's just a couple clicks to publish it. I'll try to get it done this month.

As far as authoritative, I'm not sure that anything I put together falls into that category. :rolleyes:

- Pete
 
Harvest for the last week with a new model number (RX-3010F). Next update will be mid of October. Cheers...

AU-717,228081077,kleinanzeigen
AU-X301,508020209,kleinanzeigen
AU-417,219020490,kleinanzeigen
AU-9500,213080148,kleinanzeigen
AU-555A,831090611,kleinanzeigen
AU-3900,836060062,kleinanzeigen
AU-D5,830102961,kleinanzeigen
AU-X611AV,611016994,kleinanzeigen
B-77,860081542,kleinanzeigen
CA-2000,214100919,kleinanzeigen
LM-220,945101738,kleinanzeigen
LM-220,945101780,kleinanzeigen
RX-3010F,226110183,ebay.de,Quartz PLL Synthesizer Cassette Receiver (=Auto Cassette Receiver)
SC-636,245020536,kleinanzeigen
SP-50,91090396,https://audiokarma.org/forums/index...s-how-do-you-like-them.1093607/#post-17975202

RX-3010F_0.gif
RX-3010F_1.gif
 
Nice, I like the car audio stuff. The photos are very helpful. I like to see a physical example of a rare unknown model before entering it into the database. Thanks!

- Pete
 
The harvest for WK39 was interesting. First the serialz:
6060,816071934,catawiki.com
AU-2900,836060327,catawiki.com
D-90,239090342,catawiki.com
A-5,441113007,marktplaats.nl
A-510,474013562,marktplaats.nl
AU-217,828060750,marktplaats.nl
AU-5900,226070463,marktplaats.nl
AU-D33,823010603,marktplaats.nl
C-77,830051595,marktplaats.nl
C-77,860083624,marktplaats.nl
C-77,860102820,marktplaats.nl
T-77,830083744,marktplaats.nl
SC-1110,248100342,marktplaats.nl
SR-525,326111848,marktplaats.nl
SR-B200S,479070326,marktplaats.nl
TU-217,848110831,marktplaats.nl
TU-505,834031095,marktplaats.nl
TU-X1,239050287,marktplaats.nl

In my own spreadsheet I just passed the 6k mark (6011 serialz)!

Then I discovered that last week I submitted a serial that is a true duplicate with an AU-20000. Dunno why I missed it. And the TU-X1 had a serial obscured by ferrite but consistent with the serialz already in the database.
AU-2200_216040409.jpg

TU-X1_239050287.jpg
 
Looking at production line 21 in April '76 they were building AU-11000s, AU-20000s, AU-2200s, AU-9900s and a couple CD-10s. There is also a RA-500 but that's probably and outlier. So The AU-2200 could be an actual duplicate and I'll treat it as such.

The TU-X1 serial number looks good and doesn't conflict with anything.

I've created the Sansui Model Report and submitted it for publication in Digital Docs. I'll post a link here when it's available.

- Pete
 
Here's a link to the newly created Sansui Model Report which resides in the Sansui pages of Digital Docs. It lists the 1,690 Sansui Models cataloged in the Serial Number Database. The report lists the Model Name, the type of equipment, the entry date into the Database and a Notes field. I didn't start cataloging the entry date until some time in 2021 so most of the entries don't have a date associated with them. The Note field contains anything I thought was interesting about that model.

This is a bit of a "Peek under the hood" of the Database. This report is a "work in progress." It's likely the AK hive mind will have comments and I welcome them. This Master Model List is an integral part of the Database. Every entry into the database has to exactly match every character and space with a model in this Model Name list. So it's extremely important the Model Name and it's corresponding Equipment Type are entered correctly. The reality is, I don't always get it right so please be kind when reviewing this document.
Enjoy,

- Pete
 
WK40 already... Here's my harvest:
AU-719,229051379,catawiki.com
D-290,574070294,catawiki.com
AU-111,47100696,marktplaats.nl
AU-X111,310103656,marktplaats.nl
AU-X201,508010001,marktplaats.nl
AU-X417R,603032738,marktplaats.nl
D-1000W,429011108,marktplaats.nl
D-X111,619090102,marktplaats.nl
FR-D35,411041273,marktplaats.nl
T-1000L,618080045,marktplaats.nl
T-60,849100700,marktplaats.nl
T-60,849081191,marktplaats.nl
TU-505,834030254,marktplaats.nl
TU-719,849030172,marktplaats.nl
TU-X501,607108239,marktplaats.nl

I just can't figure out the blob of ink for sure in the serial for this JDM amp:
AU-707.jpg
 
My rather meagre harvest for WK41:
SC-2110,598062928,catawiki.com
SR-838,317070705,catawiki.com
1000X,022101132,marktplaats.nl
D-550WR,71200085,marktplaats.nl
D-1000W,348094224,marktplaats.nl
A-2000,508050403,marktplaats.nl
P-2000,0009166642,marktplaats.nl
SC-3330,250080537,marktplaats.nl
SIX,223040410,marktplaats.nl
SR-222mkii,318080004,marktplaats.nl
SR-525,326072722,marktplaats.nl
 
kv39-41:

771,013120702,kleinanzeigen
881,824120029,kleinanzeigen
5900Z,820111709,kleinanzeigen
7070,217100534,kleinanzeigen
8080,826030583,kleinanzeigen
A-60,679100439,kleinanzeigen
A-E770,609050663,kleinanzeigen
AT-210,574011652,kleinanzeigen
AU-111,47100696,kleinanzeigen
AU-505,022051803,kleinanzeigen
AU-519,229090422,kleinanzeigen
AU-G11X,435105043,kleinanzeigen
AU-G33X,436054164,kleinanzeigen
AU-G33X,436054171,kleinanzeigen
AU-X111,600043409,kleinanzeigen
AU-X111,609126938,kleinanzeigen
AU-X201,507120933,kleinanzeigen
AU-X201,507080092,kleinanzeigen
AU-X301i,510060304,kleinanzeigen
AU-X701,438081406,kleinanzeigen
AU-X711,611070601,kleinanzeigen
B-2102,627081349,kleinanzeigen
BA-2000,238100248,kleinanzeigen
C-2101,436090001,kleinanzeigen
CA-2000,246100162,kleinanzeigen
CD-X510M,628112692,kleinanzeigen
CD-X510M,618095480,kleinanzeigen
CD-190,50303400,kleinanzeigen
CD-190,41100243,kleinanzeigen
CD-X701i,628050216,kleinanzeigen
D-X111,609117960,kleinanzeigen
D-X117HX,2236001787,kleinanzeigen
D-X311WR,850080008,kleinanzeigen
ES-100,306878,kleinanzeigen
FR-Q5,329092549,kleinanzeigen
P-D15,935081012,kleinanzeigen
QRX-9001,236110207,kleinanzeigen
RA-900,229081002,kleinanzeigen
RZ-1500,510111874,kleinanzeigen
RZ-5110AV,60600021,kleinanzeigen
RZ-3500,14103009410,kleinanzeigen
S-U770,70408,kleinanzeigen,left speaker
S-X900,607082152,kleinanzeigen
S-H7,90506,kleinanzeigen
SC-1110,248080704,kleinanzeigen
SC-5300,250050132,kleinanzeigen
SC-636,245100205,kleinanzeigen
SP-X9000,97062630,kleinanzeigen
SP-4500A,713601,kleinanzeigen
SP-200,948024625,kleinanzeigen
SP-200,948024791,kleinanzeigen
SR-222 MKII,400041364,kleinanzeigen
T-M70,664108163,kleinanzeigen
TU-217,028092508,kleinanzeigen
TU-707,847070096,kleinanzeigen,JDM 100V, T-tag
TU-719,849041239,kleinanzeigen
TU-X111,610022080,kleinanzeigen
TU-X301i,618087121,kleinanzeigen
TU-X301i,609091573,kleinanzeigen
 
And another week closer to the cold season... My harvest for WK42:
AU-X301i,530010508,catawiki.com
AU-X501,438111059,catawiki.com
331,015072173,marktplaats.nl
A-E550,436092390,marktplaats.nl
AU-3900,815100992,marktplaats.nl
AU-4900,835110757,marktplaats.nl
AU-555,218051124,marktplaats.nl
AU-D9,822080376,marktplaats.nl
CD-V1000,508051108,marktplaats.nl
D-290,606099694,marktplaats.nl
D-300M,752020959,marktplaats.nl
D-X111HX,570122957,marktplaats.nl
QR-6500,212011212,marktplaats.nl
SC-1110,247120564,marktplaats.nl
SE-510,474091340,marktplaats.nl
SR-222 MKIV,333020934,marktplaats.nl
SR-333,318100130,marktplaats.nl
TU-217,848040116,marktplaats.nl
 
My kv42 harvest:

221,016101866,kleinanzeigen
771,014023817,kleinanzeigen
881,824120029,kleinanzeigen
7070,217100363,kleinanzeigen
8080,826030583,kleinanzeigen
AU-D707F Extra,822020304,kleinanzeigen
AU-111,47100643,kleinanzeigen
AU-317,238102415,kleinanzeigen
AU-555A,831090611,kleinanzeigen
AU-5900,247020182,kleinanzeigen
AU-9900A,247030433,kleinanzeigen
AU-07 Anniversary,607071625,ebay-jp
AU-X117,223798003565,kleinanzeigen
AX-7,918060939,kleinanzeigen
B-2102,617076867,kleinanzeigen
D-290,574090145,kleinanzeigen
ECA-3,240060170,kleinanzeigen
G-9000,818040130,kleinanzeigen
G-5500,828102923,kleinanzeigen
G-9000,818010937,ebay-us
LM-220,945101738,kleinanzeigen
LM-220,945101780,kleinanzeigen
P-L45,425080068,kleinanzeigen
RA-500,247011500,kleinanzeigen
RZ-1000,509020104,kleinanzeigen
RZ-5500AVII,2241004727,kleinanzeigen
S-U770,70505,kleinanzeigen,left speaker
S-U770,70509,kleinanzeigen,right speaker
SE-77,474050494,kleinanzeigen
SP-70,91121390,kleinanzeigen
SP-70,91102468,kleinanzeigen
SR-222 MKV,315102446,kleinanzeigen
SR-737,337110082,ebay.de
 
Back
Top Bottom