• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2017 Sansui Serial Number Database

WK28 already picking up again:
AU-222,510000127,catawiki.com
AU-555,820040581,catawiki.com
AU-D907G extra,823070572,catawiki.com,JDM,T-tag
AU-X301i,508041233,catawiki.com
AU-alpha 507NRA,609081525,catawiki.com,JDM
B-2101,436081756,catawiki.com
C-2101,436082083,catawiki.com
SC-2002,586020398,catawiki.com
T-1000L,510030268,catawiki.com
310,822040161,marktplaats.nl
AU-117,828062220,marktplaats.nl
AU-3900,856121834,marktplaats.nl
AU-417,219020063,marktplaats.nl
AU-X1,238120182,marktplaats.nl
AU-alpha 907,637062529,marktplaats.nl,JDM,T-tag
CD-X111,03701000519,marktplaats.nl
SR-222,317034646,marktplaats.nl
T-7,861061890,marktplaats.nl
TU-217,848111521,marktplaats.nl
TU-X1,210110088,marktplaats.nl
 
kv28 harvest:

221,026061893,kleinanzeigen
7070,237080371,kleinanzeigen
9010,824110783,kleinanzeigen
A-80,879081970,kleinanzeigen
AU-X111,600100571,kleinanzeigen
AU-X310,306058137,kleinanzeigen
AU-X501,610072517,kleinanzeigen
AU-7900,226070420,kleinanzeigen
D-X117HX,225098005018,kleinanzeigen
MAS-1500,2132003232,kleinanzeigen
QR-4500,822013514,kleinanzeigen
RZ-1500,05103001668,kleinanzeigen
S-U770,70912,kleinanzeigen,right speaker
TU-217,848042181,kleinanzeigen
TU-217,848102994,kleinanzeigen
TU-9900,847060076,kleinanzeigen
 
Thanks guys, got 'um!

7070,237120599,dcmeigs

December 1977 I’d think.
Yup, built on production line 23 in December 1977. The 599th unit off that line that month. Line 23 was also building CA-2000s and BA-2000s in December '77 with a highest production count of 1,934. Enjoy!

- Pete
 
My harvest for WK29:
AU-222,510000127,catawiki.com
AU-555A,581090550,catawiki.com
P-M7,321110354,catawiki.com,JDM,T-tag
SR-2050,320120395,catawiki.com,JDM,T-tag
2000,019020015,marktplaats.nl
A-5,431050252,marktplaats.nl
A-510,624116375,marktplaats.nl
AU-217,838113341,marktplaats.nl
AU-417,219022828,marktplaats.nl
AU-555A,820110479,marktplaats.nl
AU-6500,023030810,marktplaats.nl
AU-666,021040106,marktplaats.nl
B-77,430090105,marktplaats.nl
B-77,430120795,marktplaats.nl
FR-D3,319041782,marktplaats.nl
AU-X501,610117677,marktplaats.nl
CD-X501i,337122021,marktplaats.nl
TU-X501L,608028825,marktplaats.nl
P-L50,423032006,marktplaats.nl
TU-717,848013178,marktplaats.nl
XR-Q7,332060138,marktplaats.nl,JDM,T-tag

I just noticed that in last week's posting the AU-222 serial number was invalid:
AU-222.jpg

This must be a misprint.
 
I don't see the problem. It has 9 digits ending in 127. This is what I copied into this months list.
AU-222,510000127,catawiki.com

- Pete
 
My kv29 harvest - includes a new model: CD-X310

AU-alpha 707DR,612067339,kleinanzeigen,230V
AU-719,229060389,kleinanzeigen
AU-9900,236060768,kleinanzeigen
CD-X310,51201038,kleinanzeigen
CD-X310,61101049,ebay.uk
D-X219WR,240902170,kleinanzeigen
ES-100,314182,kleinanzeigen
ES-100,314211,kleinanzeigen
P-D15,316050667,kleinanzeigen
PC-X11,215120053,kleinanzeigen
QR-1500,822050169,kleinanzeigen
SP-LE8T,54051450,ebay.jp
SP-LE8T,54051521,ebay.jp
SP-1200,92111336,kleinanzeigen
SP-L700,97080144,https://audiokarma.org/forums/threads/looking-for-info-on-sp-l700-speakers.537819/post-7025464
SP-3500,92041846,kleinanzeigen
SP-2700A,99030624,kleinanzeigen
SP-1200,93080648,kleinanzeigen
TU-9900,847060106,kleinanzeigen
TU-X301i,619017254,kleinanzeigen

CD-X310_1.jpgCD-X310_2.jpg
 
Last edited:
I do. The month number is just zeroes. :eek:
Yikes! I totally missed that. It's another crack in the integrity of the Sansui serial number. First duplicates and now errors. Up to this point, if the year/month digits didn't conform I treated it as an error by the reporter. Now we have to consider it's an error in the serial number itself. We have 53 AU-222s built on line 51, starting in March '68 and continuing to May '70. The 5th digit should be a number other than 0. The 5 units produced in January and February '70 have low production numbers and serial numbers like 5100x0xxx. None of the other production months have that many zeros. Although it's likely to be January or February '70 I'm going to put it in as Invalid date code with a note and keep the photo you posted.

@peterott, Thanks for the CD-x310 photos. They help a lot when entering a new model.

- Pete
 
AU-719,229091159,jeanpaul1812
AU-717,228012034,jeanpaul1812
AU-717,228022173,jeanpaul1812
AU-D707F-EXTRA,822011943,jeanpaul1812
AU-D11II,644039462,jeanpaul1812
AU-A907MR,606010376,jeanpaul1812
TU-719,849040216,jeanpaul1812
SC-3110,608051512,jeanpaul1812
SE-7,919120049,jeanpaul1812
 
Unusual high number of fresh serialz for WK30:
A-80,860010322,catawiki.com
A-900,615117078,catawiki.com
AU-D22,432120041,catawiki.com
AU-alpha 907,646111126,catawiki.com,JDM,T-tag
CD-E750,65200240,catawiki.com
CD-X950,612052446,catawiki.com
G-5500,828100934,catawiki.com
P-2000,0010167823,catawiki.com
T-80,840091675,catawiki.com
T-X950L,612056625,catawiki.com
XR-Q7,332020297,catawiki.com,JDM,T-tag
1000A,118114343,marktplaats.nl
5000X,012013198,marktplaats.nl
A-40,430081814,marktplaats.nl
A-7,441013405,marktplaats.nl
AU-217,517100723,marktplaats.nl
AU-2900,826112296,marktplaats.nl
AU-666,830100120,marktplaats.nl
A-5,441061297,marktplaats.nl
T-5,861102918,marktplaats.nl
D-77F,852110520,marktplaats.nl
D-90,750075467,marktplaats.nl
SC-1330,240010815,marktplaats.nl
T-7,871014780,marktplaats.nl
TU-217,847090590,marktplaats.nl
 
My numbers for kv30, before it turns into 40°C here in Germany :whip:

221,016101078,kleinanzeigen
A-80,860010567,kleinanzeigen
A-505,582101208,kleinanzeigen
AU-555,829017232,kleinanzeigen
AU-D11II,823080396,kleinanzeigen
AU-G90X,436044132,kleinanzeigen
AU-G90X,436044273,kleinanzeigen
AU-X701,438090310,kleinanzeigen
CD-X510M,628112320,kleinanzeigen
D-X301iR,600089061,kleinanzeigen
J11,909030255,kleinanzeigen,both speakers same serial number
RA-700,246090396,kleinanzeigen
T-505,832090414,kleinanzeigen
T-60,849082726,kleinanzeigen
TU-X301i,619017011,kleinanzeigen

One interesting serial label mentioning the voltage of the AU-555 from the list - not sure if I have seen something like this before:
Screenshot 2026-07-26 151653.jpg
 
July got off to a promising start. But the second half has been slower. I'll post if I find anything new by the 30th.
I think I have 22 here.

7070,217012286,kijiji.ca
8080,826041012,kijiji.ca
AT-700,576015264,kijiji.ca
AU-101,581080137,canuckaudiomart.com
AU-217,838120024,Kijiji.ca
AU-317,213010777,kijiji.ca
AU-5500,835030825,canuckaudiomart.com
B-2101,635100617,kijiji.ca
BA-5000,245080093,US canuckaudiomart.com
D-M70R,654058446,kijiji.ca
FR-D35,411050754,kijiji.ca
P-D11,363122859,kijiji.ca
SC-3300,250060023,kijiji.ca
SE-80,607036772,kijiji.ca
SR-2050C,323100898,kijiji.ca
SR-222,316102140,kijiji.ca
SR-222,327040023,kijiji.ca
TU-666,240081265,canuckaudiomart.com
TU-719,840070033,kijiji.ca
TU-7700,833080175,kijiji.ca
TU-9900,835110366,canuckaudiomart.com
Z-3000X,604066977,kijiji.ca
 
OKAY, Here are fourteen more. That's me done for July. See you next month.

661,824090031,kijiji.ca
AU-5500,835080480,canuckaudiomart.com
AU-G77X,434116386,canuckaudiomart.com
AX-7,217080042,canuckaudiomart.com
AX-7,918090081,canuckaudiomart.com
CA-3000,225100213,canuckaudiomart.com
FR-D25,411122304,kijiji.ca, ,a wire blocks the 4th digit. I think a zero would show.
QRX-3500,223110707,canuckaudiomart.com
QRX-7001,234110091,canuckaudiomart.com
SE-9,821091464,kijiji.ca
SP-1700,91085618,kijiji.ca
TU-417,849010454,canuckaudiomart.com
TU-5500,025010530,canuckaudiomart.com
TU-777,240020436,canuckaudiomart.com
 
@peterott, Yikes! 40° C is seriously hot for Germany. Here in coastal Long Beach CA, it rarely gets that hot but you don't have to go too far inland to see 40° and higher.

Some of the early paper label serial numbers list the voltage. They are also color coded. The 117v North American models are a light blue and the JDM 100v models are a light red (if I remember correctly). Looking at the image you posted, 220v models are beige or what was white when applied. It would be interesting to see if 240v models are a different color.

@Monicker1, thanks for posting. Good to see you back. The 4 digit can only be a 0 or 1. Since you don't think it's a 0 I'll put it in as a 1.

- Pete
 
Back
Top Bottom