• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2017 Sansui Serial Number Database

I thought it looked suspicious when compared to the AU-70
Let me know what you think. I can open it up if there might be another serial # to verify

1785290998698.png
 
@JSanders2056, Thanks for taking another look. I've never seen small digit like that. I'm willing to bet that second digit is a miss-stamp of a 6. We have two other TU-70s that start with 66012. I'll put it in that way with a note and I've saved the photo for reference.

@peterott, Thanks but I saw that one. @Radiosky had contacted me to help find/define the serial number. He didn't recognize the early format.

- Pete
 
Yes, in an 8 digit serial number the second digit is the year, the 3rd and 4th digits the month. It was built on production line 6 in January '66 and was the 2,553rd unit off that line that month. Based on a very small sample size it looks like line 6 was only building TU-70s that month.

- Pete
 
kv31 - early harvest
one decade duplicate & one new model

7070,216073698,kleinanzeigen
A-80,879081970,kleinanzeigen
AU-222,248121040,kleinanzeigen
BA-2000,247040052,kleinanzeigen
C-77,860084205,kleinanzeigen
C-2101,606066990,kleinanzeigen
CA-2000,217090425,kleinanzeigen
P-L50,333040675,kleinanzeigen
QRX-6500,213120050,kleinanzeigen
RA-990,574080428,kleinanzeigen
S-MCS7,963100138,kleinanzeigen,same serial for L and R speaker
S-X500,507050191,kleinanzeigen
SP-Z9II,944124107,kleinanzeigen
SP-7500X,95091795,kleinanzeigen
SP-7500X,95091811,kleinanzeigen
T-910,624086447,kleinanzeigen
TU-X711,609110139,kleinanzeigen,decade duplicate to an AU-405

decade duplicate:
TU-X711_decade_duplicate_to_an_AU-405.jpg

new model:
S-MCS7_1.jpg
S-MCS7_2.jpg
 
OK, thanks! I'm going to start processing the July batch now. Anything posted after this will be in the August batch.

- Pete
 
Too early to check against the latest database and in stark contrast to last week's slew of serialz only a few new ones for WK31:
210,014090062,catawiki.com
P-D11,514081884,catawiki.com
SE-7,580110464,catawiki.com
T-60,520090937,catawiki.com
A-510,575010391,marktplaats.nl
AT-700,601028167,marktplaats.nl
AU-D33,574080706,marktplaats.nl
RG-7,582112756,marktplaats.nl
TU-X711,610038796,marktplaats.nl

The T-60 is an outlier because this serial starts with a sequence that is not in the database for this model. The serial is also badly readable but clear enough for inclusion. Still, feel free to discard:
T-60.jpg
 
@PE9ZZ , we have 147 T-60s on file and none start with a 5. Thanks for posting the photo to verify the serial number. It's clear enough to read.

Here are the stats from July. 347 SNs posted resulting in 327 new serial numbers added. 2 production duplicates, one decade dupe and one new model.

@peterott
I had some trouble with these:
CD-X310,51201038,kleinanzeigen
CD-X310,61101049,ebay.uk

We have several different letter variations for this model, CD-X310M, CD-X310MII and CD-X310MIII but not without the suffixes. I searched the internet for examples and found only one. I didn't add the model to the database because the ID plate said made in China so I wasn't sure if it was made before or after Sansui's collapse.

- Pete
 
@PE9ZZ , we have 147 T-60s on file and none start with a 5. Thanks for posting the photo to verify the serial number. It's clear enough to read.

Here are the stats from July. 347 SNs posted resulting in 327 new serial numbers added. 2 production duplicates, one decade dupe and one new model.

@peterott
I had some trouble with these:
CD-X310,51201038,kleinanzeigen
CD-X310,61101049,ebay.uk

We have several different letter variations for this model, CD-X310M, CD-X310MII and CD-X310MIII but not without the suffixes. I searched the internet for examples and found only one. I didn't add the model to the database because the ID plate said made in China so I wasn't sure if it was made before or after Sansui's collapse.

- Pete
@LBPete, see my two pics that I posted that week there: https://audiokarma.org/forums/threads/2017-sansui-serial-number-database.765341/post-18415381
Japan-built it looks like and it is really without any "mark"-notifier of M or MII or MIII. Both players that I harvested are already sold or gone.
 
I should have looked. That's exactly what I needed to see. Thanks! I'll reload them for the August batch.

- Pete
Funny thing is, when seeing the first one of the CD-X310 on kleinanzeigen, I was also baffled about our PDF that this player is not in the list yet. Then I checked on ebay and found the other with the exact same CD-X310 shield and same type of sticker. As both are gone already, I could assume that some Sansui collectors bought them, as they seem quite rare. These kind of "newer" CD-players are usually stuck for months on kleinanzeigen.
 
The one I saw was marked Made In China so production must have shifted there when Sansui collapsed. I didn't think any of the Japanese production survived.

- Pete
 
Hi,

last month, I got a pretty dirty looking AU-666 from ebay:

AU-666,021020155,samsag

Now I'll start to clean it :-)

- Stefan
Welcome to AudioKarma Exclusively Sansui. Your AU-666 was built on production line 02 in February 1972. It was the 155th unit off that line that month. Line 02 was busy that month. In addition to AU-666s it was also building 800, 1000X and 4000 receivers.

- Pete
 
My harvest for WK32 with a new model number:
AU-555A,832030693,catawiki.com
C-2301,214030008,catawiki.com
D-M55,653057143,catawiki.com
T-M55L,613060159,catawiki.com
SR-222MKII,318090834,catawiki.com
350A,022030182,marktplaats.nl
6060,027113919,marktplaats.nl
AU-222,248120592,marktplaats.nl
AU-G33X,576033591,marktplaats.nl
AX-3S,0Q3,marktplaats.nl
D-X419HX,503080849,marktplaats.nl
RZ-1000,519070319,marktplaats.nl
RZ-3500,500110518,marktplaats.nl
SR-525,325081991,marktplaats.nl
TU-9500,233060054,marktplaats.nl
AU-9500,213010048,marktplaats.nl

The new model:
T-M55L.jpg

Also some marginal serialz which I felt were just good enough. Also against the serialz already in the database (SR-525). Still, feel free to discard:
SR-525.jpg
D-X419HX.jpg
 
Thanks, the photos are very helpful. I just need to remember that you posted them when I process the Serial Numbers.

- Pete
 
Harvest kv32, new model MD-R7 and a speaker duplicate

441,014070730,kleinanzeigen
7070,217050007,kleinanzeigen
9090DB,817062940,kleinanzeigen
A-80,860010867,kleinanzeigen
AU-717,227072655,kleinanzeigen
AU-G50X,436090154,kleinanzeigen
AU-G77X,436034080,kleinanzeigen
AU-G99X,617020885,kleinanzeigen
AU-X201i,508061144,kleinanzeigen
B-2102,436110726,kleinanzeigen
BA-2000,238030646,Neu im Bestand 2
C-77,860092398,kleinanzeigen
CD-270,542100896,kleinanzeigen
CD-alpha 907i,328010886,ebay.jp
CD-X701,347082079,kleinanzeigen
D-505R,617048727,kleinanzeigen
D-X311WR,611089237,kleinanzeigen
G-4700,829090350,kleinanzeigen
G-8000,818070421,kleinanzeigen
G-9000DB,818090121,kleinanzeigen
MD-R7,600066690,ebay.uk
QRX-7500A,236090339,Neu im Bestand 2
RZ-3500,510120566,kleinanzeigen
SP-7500X,97050203,kleinanzeigen,duplicate to a SP-G200
T-60,849071956,kleinanzeigen
T-77,830084292,kleinanzeigen
TU-417,849050350,kleinanzeigen
TU-9900,848100383,kleinanzeigen

Speaker:
SP-7500X_duplicate.jpg

Sansui MD-R7 I posted here: https://audiokarma.org/forums/attac...a.org/forums/attachments/md_r7_1-jpg.3813717/
 
Back
Top Bottom