• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

6P14P for 7189?

Are the 6P14P-EV still being manufactured?

Yes and no. That number is no longer made, but for all practical purposes a Sovtek EL84M is the same tube. Same factory, same equipment, and laying them side by side you'd be very hard pressed to tell them apart. In an amp they perform the same as far as I've ever been able to measure or hear.
 
I've been using straight 6p14p's in place of 7189's in my Scott LK48B for a long time now. They've lasted very well and sound great.
Me too. I have about 200 hrs. on them now and they are running 'straight and true'. Plus, they are cheaper than the EL84M, which is the same tube. There are some good sites in Moscow (didn't think I would ever say that) that sell these and they are good people to work with. Try rutubes.com.
The only thing that seems different is they take a bit longer to heat up but so what.
 
Back
Top Bottom