• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

6p14p to sub 7189?

CORYK

Active Member
Can the russian 6p14p be used to substitute the 7189 in a fisher x100-3 without modifications? Thanks in advance.
 
Register to hide this ad
Been using regular 6P14P in my Scott 222C with 420 volts on them for over a year without any issues. Your mileage may vary. :dunno:
 
6P15P-EV should be able to be used with a touch of rewiring. I'm going to try them in a 7189 amp, with switches installed to change back and forth.
 
6P15P-EV should be able to be used with a touch of rewiring. I'm going to try them in a 7189 amp, with switches installed to change back and forth.

Can't wait to hear your impressions! NOS on flea-bay are less than $2/tube. I picked up 110 used-tested good 6p14p's last year for $1.59/tube shipped to my door. I couldn't be happier with them! They seem bullet-proof and sound great. Amps that red-plate a vintage 6BQ5 don't even seem to make these things sweat.

Sent a test quad to analog addict and he said they tested right at the minimum for a tube to be considered new. :thmbsp:

Kory
 
Can't wait to hear your impressions! NOS on flea-bay are less than $2/tube. I picked up 110 used-tested good 6p14p's last year for $1.59/tube shipped to my door. I couldn't be happier with them! They seem bullet-proof and sound great. Amps that red-plate a vintage 6BQ5 don't even seem to make these things sweat.

Sent a test quad to analog addict and he said they tested right at the minimum for a tube to be considered new. :thmbsp:

Kory

From what I've read, it's the same tube with pin 1 live. EL84/7189/6p14p have that connection made internally to pin 5, my switches will either connect 1 and 5 or leave it open.
 
I've had a quad of EV's running in my TA-600 for two years. They have held up great and sound good.
 
Back
Top Bottom