• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

a guy had a barn-sale

bolly

Lunatic Member
Banned
so I figure stop in, and low and behold... Rega Camber 2.5 with stands, $30CDN...how could I say no? :no: These sound way nicer than those PSB bookshelves I scored yesterday! :yes:
 
Register to hide this ad
Good Score Bolly!....I heard those in the late eighty's or early ninety's....It was with a small black Creek amplifier, Linn Axis Turntable playing k.d lang's, Ingenue, freakin,amazing clarity,and real nice full rounded bass,an excellent budget system.I went in to buy some Linn Index speakers and came out with the little Creek 4040 integrated amp,go figure eh!...what have you tried them with so far?...Enjoy Youir Music...Kenny
 
Last edited:
thanks ol, lv, kenny

I had to clean and polish them up a bit, still could use some work though! They weigh approx 40lbs, and are made from 3/4" MDF. Yep, these little 2.5's don't sound too bad at all, tried some FM and then fed them some vinyl, an old EW&F album. Powered by the 3B, nice sounding little speakers! :thmbsp:
 
you guys must have sold your soul to the devil in exchange for the supernatural ability to find bargain hifi components. One day you will burn for your carnal delights....repent..repent...and let me have some of those bargains brother......
 
Great score Bolly! Those are nice looking speakers. Iv'e never seen those before are they Canadian?

cubdog
 
Yep, Made In Canada...matching Ser No.'s too

funny story: was on my way to the Vet's to get doggie food, never been to this one before and sure enough I made a wrong turn. Well as luck would have it, a sign, yardsale ahead 1KM, about 1/2 mile. Anyways, the rest is history. :smoke: You keep lookin' VN... bound to find a little somethin' somewhere's! :yes:
 
hey Bolly, anything ever happen with that dude in Canada who claimed he found all that Pioneer equipment unused at a store?
 
Last edited:
here's another pic... just because.

these little guys sound fairly polite in the treble, I like them. :D
 
Awesome score Bolly!

Those are really sharp looking speaks! Love the wood finish and overall clean appearance, great job!
 
Thanks Ib, 6Cats

I pulled a woofer and tweeter out of one of them...couldn't find anything other than a date on the woofer, the tweeter is a Polydax 0049.
 
I knew that the tweeters were Audex tweeters! :)

Polydax is the "export" version.

The woofer looks like it could also be an Audex brand.... maybe.... or Kef....
 
A nice "steal" :thmbsp: ConGrats! :D

The woofers looks like it screems "Celestion" at me :D
and the tweeters looks like the good old Audax softdome :yes:

Bolly... did you take pics of the units, when you pulled them out for the inspection ? if yes please post them here :)
 
Back
Top Bottom