• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Accuphase CD Players, all that or overrated?

dj_AmTraX

Super Member
Banned
What do you guys think? Compare them to high-end Sony and Marantz? Anyone owns an Accuphase CD Player?

I am looking at a DP-57 for $2850, good deal?
Is it any better than my SCD-1?
 
Register to hide this ad
What do you guys think? Compare them to high-end Sony and Marantz? Anyone owns an Accuphase CD Player?

I am looking at a DP-57 for $2850, good deal?
Is it any better than my SCD-1?

I have a DP55 that I bought new maybe 8-9 years ago. It works ok and looks very good. I think it has what many would describe as a "warm" sound. Not that especially clear sounding.I have no idea how the sound is compared to any other models,but I would say DP55 in my opinion colours the sound quite a bit.
During the years I have done some modifications regarding voltage supply,passive components and the analog amps,so today I believe it is quite transparent sounding.
/gusten
 
I was curious about the dp-78 too. It's hard to find more than one review of these guys, if one in some cases.
 
Back
Top Bottom