• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

ADS 1230 or ESS 1a

I guess the one downside I see with the Mini DSP is that it introduces digital processing into an, otherwise, all analog signal path. I love my LP’s and hear a big difference between records and CDs. I have to wonder if the majority of the perceived difference is due to the digital decisions made in the studio or if it is resulting from the playback systems.
 
I guess the one downside I see with the Mini DSP is that it introduces digital processing into an, otherwise, all analog signal path. I love my LP’s and hear a big difference between records and CDs. I have to wonder if the majority of the perceived difference is due to the digital decisions made in the studio or if it is resulting from the playback systems.
You can buy Rane analog electronic crossovers all day long for 100 bucks. Dbx for less. They'll allow you to adjust your crossover point to whatever you need, as opposed to settling for the fixed points on the Eclipse or C-2000.
You'd really benefit from the passive/active scheme on your 1230's with your tube amps. Crossover the mids and highs through a tube amp and round yourself up some solid state muscle for the lower end. Hopefully, you have adjustable gain on both amps.
 
Thanks Porkloin, I will look into Rane. The Eclipse will be fine for my Heil's but clearly it is not going to work with the ADS speakers. I have given alot of thought to the SS for the bottom and I agree that it would be the best way to go. Too bad I sold my Nakamichi PA-5 amps. If I can find another one I would pick it up for sure.
 
Thanks again Porkloin. The Rane AC22 looks like the right way to go for me. It is simple enough to get me in the game.
 
Thanks again Porkloin. The Rane AC22 looks like the right way to go for me. It is simple enough to get me in the game.
I was hoping you'd go for the DBX Driverack so I could live vicariously through you. Unfortunately, it means delving into that ugly digital world.
 
Back
Top Bottom