• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Air Guns


Lots of good info from these guys. Tom Gaylords Blog (B.B. Pelletier) is well worth reading.
 
Can't believe I just found this thread. I guess I need to scroll down more often. The gems of my collection are a suppressed Evanix Rex in .357 caliber, a Laserized Beeman R1 in .177, a box stock R1 in .177, a few lower powered RWS/Diana guns, and a few old school well built Crosman guns that I have re-sealed.
 
Can't believe I just found this thread. I guess I need to scroll down more often. The gems of my collection are a suppressed Evanix Rex in .357 caliber, a Laserized Beeman R1 in .177, a box stock R1 in .177, a few lower powered RWS/Diana guns, and a few old school well built Crosman guns that I have re-sealed.
Some very fine rifles you have there. I bet that Laserized Beeman shoots well like a laser lol. I love my air rifles. I used to shoot a lot. Sure is nice paying a few pennies per round compared to firearm prices. Sadly with my declining health I solve them get to shoot them. I’ll post a couple of pictures of mine shortly. I love seeing pictures of what others have so keep them coming
 
Had some time to sling some lead down range today. Breezy so wind doping going on. 80 yards. Beeman R10 Hunnington Beach in .177 with a period Beeman SS2 3x scope. Shooting at a 6" clapper style firebell turned on it's side - about as big as a small ground squirrel sitting up - 2" x 6". Only hit about 50% but still fun.View attachment 2170299
Gorgeous gun. Those Hakko made, Beeman Blue Ribbon SS scopes can hold their own against todays scopes.
 
Here’s a few of mine. Sorry for the crappy pics.
 

Attachments

  • 3500417C-C68D-4540-BB09-8C1BEB37DB50.png
    3500417C-C68D-4540-BB09-8C1BEB37DB50.png
    464.8 KB · Views: 23
  • CDBCCC1A-7352-43E2-9B52-E9C2DDC32B3D.png
    CDBCCC1A-7352-43E2-9B52-E9C2DDC32B3D.png
    416.3 KB · Views: 24
  • 8E3FEF15-C0FB-4CBB-AC25-929E2F7000F4.png
    8E3FEF15-C0FB-4CBB-AC25-929E2F7000F4.png
    246.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 00B55C7B-81D2-4685-8594-F88B0AC8E40D.jpeg
    00B55C7B-81D2-4685-8594-F88B0AC8E40D.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 24
I've had my eye on eBay for weeks now, in a search for an air pistol. I have seen others like the one pictured above and that genre seem to be pretty powerful with a pellet speed of 500 fps or higher being reported. I'm considering the Umarex Luger Replica BB pistol. It looks like it could be fun to plink with.
 
I finally bought a plinker. It is a Umarex Luger replica BB pistol. No pellets. I haven't used a pistol in a very long time so this will be a little fun and a little learning at the same time. Here it is:

Umarex-Luger-airguns.jpeg

Specs say 410 fps, but we'll see. The model I chose does not have the "blowback" function, which to me is a waste of a cartridge power. While I was at the Umarex website, where I purchased this from, they were showing a new type of air powered rifle. It was an Archery Air Gun. It is substantial in size and I am assuming it is backed up by a lot of power. The compressor for the reserve tank was almost $700. I think a scuba tank compressor will be a lot cheaper. I don't expect that I will be jumping in there anytime soon. I'm looking forward to some fun.
 
Bought this off a friend yesterday, it needs to be cleaned and lubed, but it does fire. Took a few cones off a spruce tree with it.

Daisy Model 120, manufactured by Gamo, circa mid 80's.

model120.JPG
 
Back
Top Bottom