• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

All time greatest album covers

Looks like a snake torso (do snakes have torsos?) on the bottom left... I remember there was the business end of a snake somewhere on or in the Relayer art, no?
 
Best Album Covers

I'll throw 3 up for consideration:

The English version of "Electric Ladyland" by Jimi Hendrix (the one with 20 nude women lying around);

"Their Satanic Majesties Request" (3D) cover by the Rolling Stones;

and "We're Only In It for the Money" by the Mothers; the inner gatefold, which is a parody of Sgt. Pepper's cover.

need jpgs? I ain't got no stinking jpgs!
 
mhardy6647 said:
Looks like a snake torso (do snakes have torsos?) on the bottom left... I remember there was the business end of a snake somewhere on or in the Relayer art, no?

Correct! Yes, you would probably only recognize it if you've seen the more obvious image of the snake elsewhere (I think on Relayer).
 
a rabbit?

look at the bottom of the album cover, directly inline with the first horse's foreleg. :naughty:
 
Nah, definitely a wallaby.

Actually, it depends on how many beers you had before looking at the cover. :drunk:
 
Hey John,
i swer i saw Jon Anderson hidding behind those rocks,than later i did saw a pussycat.
I did ,i did saw a pussycat. :lmao:

clint.
 
They be Snakes!!!

See http://www.rogerdean.com/upclose/relayer.htm for more speculation about this cover than you could ever want to read!

No mention of rabbits, wallabys, wallaby wannabes, pussycats, rats or Jon Anderson. Not even a unicorn.

"Oh there was green allie-gators and lo-ong necked geese
Some humpty-back camels and some chim-pan-zees
Some cats and rrrats and ellie-phants, but as sure as yer born,
Yer ne-ver gonna see no uni-corn!"

Sorry -- childhood flashback.

- jw
 
Bolly - Sorry, it's still not that clear to me. You must have had way more beer than me.

Must drink more beer!!! :beerchug: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Or maybe I'll switch to bourbon. :drunk: :drunk:

(Actually, I never drink all that much of either kind of rotgut.)


Clint - wish I could read the text on the 2nd pic. I can't quite make it out.

Yes, what would the rock industry do w/out Zappa? Without him, we'd be stuck with just Al Yankovich!
 
Physical Graffitti

I was on a chemically induced bender and someone told me that you could see a girl in the shower in one of the windows. I spent the next 4 hours staring into the windows.
Presence is one of my favorite Zeppelin albums, and the Space Odyssee reference always fascinates me.
Open the pod bay doors HAL.
I'm sorry Dave, I can't do that.
 
Here are a few of mine.

Scorpions: Lovedrive
Ozzy: The Ultimate Sin
Collective Soul: Dosage
Iron Maiden: Powerslave

:yes:
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom