• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Alnico VS Ferrite

Do Alnico Speakers Sound Better

  • Yes, Alnico's rule !!!

    Votes: 36 87.8%
  • No, other pseaker type are better

    Votes: 5 12.2%

  • Total voters
    41
Very Interesting. I have only a few questions:
1. How do you know when your alnico magnets need to be "recharged"?
2. Who "recharges" these magnets?
3. Does anyone know how the sound would change? I take it that it would be for the better.

I have 3 pair of speakers made in 1970 and they have alnico magnet drivers. For me...I have always loved the alnico sound. Maybe that's because it is just the sound that I grew up with and am used to. But...I really do like an alnico sound. To me, it just sounds fullfilling.

Thanks guys!! :thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom