• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Anybody recognize these?

Well, in all the speaker identification excitement I decided to pull them out of the garage and try them out. He was right, one of the tweeters wasn't working.

I pulled the back and find that some knob shine tried to attempted to repair a terminal wire connection with a piece of Scotch tape. I resoldered and they work just fine. Dont sound too bad either.

Model: Utah AS-2A 2-way, 8" woofer and a 3 1/2" tweeter.

RC
 
Utahs can range from brutal to surprisingly good. Don't know anything about that particular model. The Heritage series cabinets are very poorly designed and leaky. The woofers are decent, the mids/tweets are nothing to write home about. I think the best drivers they made were their full range drivers.
 
Last edited:
Just got back from a ride and here's what I like from this thread so far -

1. I'm a loser! :banana:

2.
mikey3117 said:
I sent the seller an email yesterday and they haven't responded.....:(
Probably shell-shocked by the 472 inquiries from the HK/AR/Utah crowd.

3. "Knob Shine" is the damndest thing I've heard in a while.

This is a good lesson thread for FAQ.
 
dnewma04 said:
Utahs can range from brutal to surprisingly good. Don't know anything about that particular model. The Heritage series cabinets are very poorly designed and leaky. The woofers are decent, the mids/tweets are nothing to write home about. I think the best drivers they made were their full range drivers.


The woofer on this model is quite nice with accordion surround. You might be right about the tweeter though. 3 1/2" paper cone I think. I didnt spend the time to pull it for inspection. Reasonable size motor and possible phenolic (sp?) I'm not sure.

I have a pair of Utah full range drivers that are 7" I believe. I would like to get them into a small cabinet sometime. Might be a interesting drop-in for a TL design.


RC
 
Back
Top Bottom